6.0L Sinister coolant filter - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2011, 09:52 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to STRKTHS73
6.0L Sinister coolant filter

well today i finally decided i would do something productive seeing as iv been outta work for the past month because of surgery, i ordered up the sinister coolant filter kit last week and got it and decided to mount it up only took maybe 45 min from the time i opened the box to the time i started the truck up prob easiest install ever lol, but anyways heres a few pics all said an done enjoy

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2011, 09:56 PM

nice install. I did mine a couple years ago. easy install. just an FYI make sure that the coolant hose does not rest on the red pipe. it will rub it and eventually rub through it. I noticed mine was rubbing just recently and had to bend my bracket back so its flexed back some to stay clear of the pipe.
Old 10-27-2011, 05:12 AM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmyv13 Send a message via Yahoo to jimmyv13
I just did mine a few days ago. My feed line for the filter is T'd in the heater core hose in front of the oil filler neck. Did I splice in the wrong location? I can't take a pic as my truck is getting some bady work done, but the T is almost directly under the CAC tube. Did I eff this up?
Old 10-27-2011, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyv13 View Post
I just did mine a few days ago. My feed line for the filter is T'd in the heater core hose in front of the oil filler neck. Did I splice in the wrong location? I can't take a pic as my truck is getting some bady work done, but the T is almost directly under the CAC tube. Did I eff this up?
As long as it's not rubbing you're fine.

I cut an extra hose in half and zip tied it to my coolant filter hoses where it was rubbing as an extra buffer to keep it from rubbing through the actual coolant line.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:15 AM

Looks good, plan on getting one, when I do the flush and elc switch. still in warranty and oil cooler is within 8 deg tops. I love the powerdercoated turbo pipe, now i found something else to do to my engine bay! On a side note, how do you clean your engine bay? What do you cover, pressurewasher vs hose?? looking good
Old 10-27-2011, 07:07 AM

^^^ yeah not worth doin the filter till after you do the coolant swap i did the cat swap a little while ago plan on using a good solid day and as far as the clean engine bay it wasnt really dirty to begin with the trucks only got 40k but i sprayed it down with some simple green then just sprayed it off with the hose and let it dray then sprayed everything down with hot foam tire shine looks better than when it rolls off the show room floor lol
Old 10-27-2011, 07:20 AM

as far as the rubbing of the hose i think im gunna use a clear waterline hose like you would use on a boat so there is no color change half way down the hose cuz that would drive me nuts lol
Old 10-27-2011, 08:26 AM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmyv13 Send a message via Yahoo to jimmyv13
Quote:
Originally Posted by STRKTHS73 View Post
Studying the above picture led me to two very different conclusions about your truck. Taking my truck into consideration for this hypothesis, I settled on you have one of two scenarios with your truck.

Judging by the very new looking "powerstroke turbo diesel V8" badge and the what appears to be a perfect condition rain guard above the turbo, I can only assume:

A. You have never had to work on your truck aside from routine maintenance as these two above listed items are always compromised during engine repairs.

OR

B. You have spent so much time under the hood fixing the engine and in doing so destroyed the above listed itmes in question. After the many repairs, you have decided to purchased new items in these locations making the underhood look good again.

Scenario A...I hate you and scenario B, I feel for you.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyv13 View Post
Studying the above picture led me to two very different conclusions about your truck. Taking my truck into consideration for this hypothesis, I settled on you have one of two scenarios with your truck.

Judging by the very new looking "powerstroke turbo diesel V8" badge and the what appears to be a perfect condition rain guard above the turbo, I can only assume:

A. You have never had to work on your truck aside from routine maintenance as these two above listed items are always compromised during engine repairs.

OR

B. You have spent so much time under the hood fixing the engine and in doing so destroyed the above listed itmes in question. After the many repairs, you have decided to purchased new items in these locations making the underhood look good again.

Scenario A...I hate you and scenario B, I feel for you.
haha well it happens to be scenario A. other than oil changes an fuel filter changes she has served well under the hood that being said i only have 40k on the clock only a matter of time before she goes under the knife for ARPs, egr delete, powermax turbo, oil cooler and MAYBE bigger injectors and an air dog, but i also spend a lotta time cleaning under the hood took make the up coming work a litter easier an cleaner
Old 11-29-2011, 01:50 PM

cut my first filter open today after 1500 miles was a little to busy to swap out after 500 miles but all in all it wasnt that bad!
http://
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.