How do you think this setup will work?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2011, 03:23 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
How do you think this setup will work??

I am curious how well you think the following setup will work, i.e. Power Output, towing ability, EGTs, spool up, etc:

A batmowheeled 62/70 non-VGT turbo (sorry, I'm not very versed in turbine wheel sizes so feel free to expand on that)

190cc injectors with 75% nozzles (not sure on nozzle size as I may do a twin setup later, hence the 190s. And even with twin turbos, I would only be looking for ~575HP on fuel only.)

GoGo Stage 1 Intake Manifold

My goal is at least 500 RWHP if not over, with quick spool up and over 400 RWHP for towing. I presume the injectors can be turned down to keep EGTs in check and of course the truck would be tuned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2011, 04:07 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
wont want to tow much with 190s with out compounds.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:40 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Well I am only looking to tow up to 12k when I do tow (which is like once a year at most) since I will not put a hitch in my bed but do think that would be too much with 190s tuned down to say 430 or 410HP?
Old 10-26-2011, 04:47 PM

Possible, anything is possible. Just have to keep a eye on it.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:53 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

That is true and I would agree that towing at max capacity wouldnt be advisable with this setup IMO either.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:34 AM
Turbos = Witchcraft

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I tow about 8k with my 190s and PM, and my EGTs run about about 800-900 on the highway with Matt's Tow Tune. If I get into a decent sized hill (no mountains in Wiscinsin tho lol) they climb to about 1200-1300 but they come right back down.

Towing 12k the EGTs would be higher no doubt, but I would think the Gogo Manifold should help keep the temps down too. I'd like to get one soon too. I'm sure that you could work with your tuner to take more fuel out and keep the EGTs incheck
Old 10-27-2011, 04:56 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Yea I am sure I could. And like I said, I am only really after over 500HP for the street and daily driving and for towing, having it over 400 HP at the wheels would definitely be nice. Having EGTs make it to 1200-1300F on a climb in the mountains would be my limit just for safety. One could probably go higher depending on the length of time there but I dont think I would feel safe being there for any extended period of time.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:20 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Honestly, Look into 175/100's for sticks. I have them with a pmax and it works fine, can tow anything and run wild if I wish. My tow tune lays down 440hp at the wheels. Granted, that is live tuning though.

As for the 62mm, check into the bullseye turbo's, with the batmowheel that has goten a ton of hype as of late. If i recall, their 62 flowed like a regular 64mm but kept the spooling characteristics of a 62mm. They aren't cheap by any means, but they have rave reviews.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:10 PM
back in the saddle

If you're looking for 500rwhp or slightly above why not do a set of 175's and a powermax and call it a day? You'll still be able to tow and have 500 hp on tap at the same time with little or no issues.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:02 AM
Turbos = Witchcraft

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by shu873 View Post
If you're looking for 500rwhp or slightly above why not do a set of 175's and a powermax and call it a day? You'll still be able to tow and have 500 hp on tap at the same time with little or no issues.
I agree! The 190s are hot and smokey. Maybe a larger nonVGT with a diverter valve would move enough air to clean them up and lower the EGTs but still spool quick enough for towing...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.