Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Exhaust

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  redbandit98 
#1 ·
Just bought an 04 F350. I want to buy a MBRP exhaust. Do I need do anything when deleting the CAT? I want to do a 4" turbo back system. Is the CAT hooked up to the ECM? Or can I simply plug and play with the new system. On my 06 cummins there was nothing hooked up to the ECM so the CAT came right off and new system didnt set off any CEL.

#2 ·
Get your turbo back system and hang it on there. Nothing hooked to the cat.

#3 ·
Their won't be anything to unplug in an 04. You will have to either cut your CAT yourself or have someone else do it. I had my local muffler shop cut and put my 4 " on for 300 dollars... This included my 15x6 " chrome tip. You might be better off that way instead of ordering. Custom has a nice touch some times.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#5 ·
Custom or kit, anythings better than stock.

#6 ·
If you want a full 4" system that deletes the cat you will need a S6212XXX system. They are available in aluminized or stainless, with or without a muffler. If you get a S6206XXX kit, it will keep the factory cat and you will then need their cat delete pipe to get rid of it. We have a promo going with MBRP right now that saves you quite a bit of money, let us know if we can help with anything.

MBRP S6212PLM 4" Straight Piped Kit

MBRP S6212P 4" Kit w/ Muffler

MBRP S6212AL 4" Kit w/ Muffler & Tip

MBRP S6212SLM 4" Stainless Straight Piped Kit

MBRP S6212409 4" Stainless Kit with Muffler & Tip

#9 ·
I jus put the 4" TB straight pipe MBRP system on my 06 and love it. Sounds great and easy install. It was like $275 from Alligator Performance with free shipping!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.