Is there any on the fly performance chips for the 6.0? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2011, 07:42 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Is there any on the fly performance chips for the 6.0?

I'm thinking of switching from my 1999.5 7.3 to a 2006 6.0. I've had the 6 position chip on my truck and love the on the fly switching. I have a friend with a 6.4 and 6.0 and they have to load their tunes which for me is annoying. Does anyone make a good on the fly one for the 6.0? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2011, 07:49 AM

No such thing as a "chip" for a 6.0. If you want shift on the fly you could go with an edge juice with attitud or something of the like, but the shifting will be harsh and most likely rough on the tranny. Sct with custom tunes is going to win majority vote across the board with tunes from gearhead, innovative, or quick tricks. I agree shift on the fly is nice but if you want good tuning and tranny tuning you won't get that with a shift on the fly unit. I know this isn't the answer you wanted but its the truth.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:04 AM

dang that sucks. So how do these other 6.0 guys go to high idle or lope mode...they have to load it?

I'm going to miss that..I go from stock to high idle to diff tunes on the fly
Old 10-23-2011, 08:13 AM

You can get custom tunes how ever you want hem.

The tunes can have any style of throttle aggression and any HP that the injectors and turbo can put out.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:16 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by makaveli200369 View Post
dang that sucks. So how do these other 6.0 guys go to high idle or lope mode...they have to load it?

I'm going to miss that..I go from stock to high idle to diff tunes on the fly

Not sure if its exactly what you're thinking when you say high idle tune, but you can kick the 6.0 into high idle mode with the flip of a switch.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:17 AM

High idle is not in the tune you can have high idle on stock 6.0 just got to tap into the wire under dash and put to a switch search for "high idle mod" and learn all about it. As for the lope that would have to be written into a tune and loaded...not many folks do the lope idle on the 6.0 its pointless really other than sounding kinda cool. Honestly once you lode either xtreme street, srl, or looney tune on a 6.0 you'll be so happy you won't even think about the shift on the fly. Only time you'll switch is to a tow tune and that can be done while your hooking up and checking over the trailer.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:20 AM

What about h&s? I was checking out there 6.0 stuff the other day and if I could afford it I would try the mini max just to see how it is but it dont say if it tunes the trans or not. Maybe someone will chime in on it? I have an sct now and its nice but I think its a royal pita to change tunes and well I can't stand calling sct tech support when it malfunctions.
Old 10-23-2011, 01:28 PM

What situations are you encountering that makes you want to shift on the fly?
There are many aspects to tuning that account for many situations and is much more capable than shift on the the fly tuning.
I think shift on the fly is a feature that is there because the tuning lacks other capabilities.
Old 10-23-2011, 02:07 PM

I agree smokersteve, I've never actually had to change tunes most things you haul if driven with some smarts can be pulled with a higher hp tune if need be. Any of the shift on the fly tuned 6.0's I've been in shift terribly on the high setting
Old 10-23-2011, 02:12 PM

Well it's just nice/fun to have it on the fly. Sometimes I cruise in 50hp mode on my truck to save fuel/towing o..then I switch between 75/100 for playing around or extra juice while towing in certain areas and 140 for when I race. On cold days when I start the truck I switch it to high idle to warm it up quicker.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.