Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Will I need any drivetrain work?

2K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  kdogg85 
#1 ·
Around the end of next month, I am taking my truck down to install compounds and 205cc injectors. I have already done the motor and transmission upgrades for this.

My question is, do I need to do anything past that( transfer case, axles, etc....) I have already put a detroit locker in the rear and auburn posi up front. And will probably have new driveshafts made up just in case.

#3 ·
Alrighty then, I have the stock 20's and will try to find the widest tire I can safely fit. I have been looking at trac bars to help out. The driveshaft loop is something I haven't thought about at all. Thanks 06, how's that setup of yours running?

#5 ·
s364 over an s480. Got'em both with batmowheels. I had picked a 474 but decided on the 480 with 1.10 housing and diverter valve. Hoping this thing will light off pretty quickly.

I have heard once tuned right, that when the low pres. side lights, it's a fairly violent blast.

Gotta figure out how to run a 5'' downpipe. And where does passenger side battery go? haven't really found any info on relocating it.

This is alot of work, well more planning than anything. And as always, a huge pile of money.

#6 ·
JMO here, but I think your turbo setup may be a little big for the injectors you want to run. I would think you may have getting the 64mm turbo to light quick. JMO and I really hope it works out great for you. Please keep it up dated as I am always interested in how folks do a compound set up.

#8 ·
Hopefully not, I am having it live tuned plus the airflow paths(gogo intake, headers, ported and polished heads) plus the batmowheels themselves, hopefully that'll help out, it can't hurt. Heck, I may just make me a set of 2.5'' or 3'' up pipes to feed them. I swear there has to be some restriction there.

I am only going this small with sticks until I can afford to pickup a manual dodge to do my pulling with, well what little I do. don't get me wrong, i love the auto, but after rowin' my own for so long, I miss it. I do like the 06-07 commonrails a lot. It's all time and money, plenty of one, not enough of the other.

I got'em from warren diesel a while back.

#10 · (Edited)
wont have a problem with the 205s, That is alot of fuel. Are you running dividers on both? battery will go to the drivers side where the factory air filter would be. Im just running one with mine right now becasue the way mine is made I dont have room to fit my big batteries in that stop. Im going to get a couple of smaller frame batteries and make it work.

#11 ·
205's are plenty of fue, heck even 190's would be sufficient. I think you'd have no issues at all spooling a 64mm s300 with what mods your planning, maryland performance diesel is building 6.0 stainless manifolds and up pipes so i would look into them. Does bullseye make a 64mm batmowheel yet? Because I was told otherwise.

Are you running diverter valves on both turbos or just on the one?

#13 ·
I may try and relocate both batteries under the truck. And make a battery tray. I do no offroading at all and never plan to. Plus that'll give me some room for bigger batteries, I want the biggest strongest batteries I can fit.

I have diverter valves for both turbo's. The s364 is 64mm, that's what the site says and what I was told. I also already have the headers, but I kept the manifolds jsut in case.

If I didn't still have to tow with it, i would have tried some 250's or bigger. That's down the road.

I am hoping the live tuning will net me around 550+ for towing. The race tune=who knows, we are going to see what the best we can do with egt's kept under 1700*. I love violent power, but not at the expense of my motor. I do understand the pay to play, so if it happens, oh well there's another few grand down the pot. Thank god for saving up for years, and gobs of overtime for this stuff, plus no house or car payments.

#14 ·
I just ment optimas not a weaker battery just a smaller frame one. You can easily fit the bit batteries on the drivers side. That's the way my old procharger set up was. It's just with the way my compound pipe is made the bigger batteries hit it. No need to relocate to the frame unless you just want to to make more room. Some diesel drag classes require the batteries to be located forward of the oem firewall. That is why mine are still up there other wise they would be in the bed.

Just a heads up both of the divider valves are going to be a nightmare to set up.

#16 ·
I have read they are a real pain, but have got a few baseline areas to try. Thanks for the picture, that helps out alot. We'll just take our time, and try not to blow something up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.