Airdog II vs Fass - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2011, 09:48 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Airdog II vs Fass

I just learned that my lift pump may be going out on my truck and I was just curious which would be better the Airdog or the Fass. I have needing to get one on my truck anyways but now it is a must. So I was was curious which one is better or if there are even any differences? Also which model is best suited for 2004 6.0L PSD with simple mods (programmer, intake, exhaust, egr delete) with plans of maybe a bigger turbo and 90-150 hp injectors? Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2011, 10:02 AM

I've had to send back my Airdog II pump twice in a year, but that may had been just a fluk. Their customer service has always been great with no hassles.

Hope this helps!
Old 10-20-2011, 11:27 AM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
From everything that I have read between the two (which felt like a lot to me) both have faulty pumps with Airdog maybe having slightly fewer than FASS and FASS's customer service USE to be less than stellar and have left a sour taste in quite a few folks mouth such that they will never buy FASS again. The truth of the matter is that both companies warranty their pump for life (provided you send the warranty card in within 30 days of pump purchase. Otherwise forget coverage) and there are folks out there successfully running both systems. IMO the key to pump survival is the addition of a sump and maybe even a RR kit as this will do two things. One with the sump the pump is never starved for fuel until the tank is empty vice the 1/4 tank issues (some folks seem to have them while others dont). And two with the RR kit the pump has somewhere for the excess fuel to flow to. It keeps the pump from providing all of that flow and no where for it to go to so the pump is working against a wall and heats the motor up until it fails. Just my $.02 Take it for what it is worth.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:31 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Airdog. I wouldn't P*I*S*S on Fass because of all the money they cost me and left Granny stranded in North Carolina for a week. Didn't take but 3 months to get my LAST Fass fixed.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:34 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by npccpartsman View Post
Airdog. I wouldn't P*I*S*S on Fass because of all the money they cost me and left Granny stranded in North Carolina for a week. Didn't take but 3 months to get my LAST Fass fixed.
See what I was saying about some of the strong opinions on why folks dont like a particular brand??
Old 10-20-2011, 02:22 PM

I have had both of my trucks. I recommend AD2s to all my customers wanting fuel pumps. My FASS was noisy and left me stranded on the side of the road.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:46 AM

here is a sump for your pump

The Hellmann Fuel Sump — Hellmann Performance – Intercoolers and Custom Fabrication – Richmond Texas
Old 10-21-2011, 07:10 AM

ok thanks for all the input. I think I am going to get the airdog II
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.