need help for upgrades?! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2011, 07:22 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Talking need help for upgrades?!

2005 f250 i have a green intake and have a edge juice with attitude. bought the truck like that i replaced the filter with a S&B filter but want to get rid of the set up and go with banks, S&B, injen? what is the best injen looks awesome right now but i am not to sure about it. it doesn't provide maximum airflow all the time just under load it does any ideas? and the edge i dont know if i should stick with it or go with a sct tune? intake or sct first? any help would be great money is a little tight since i am 19 right now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2011, 08:52 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
The best intake is the stocker..good to 500HP
Old 10-17-2011, 09:21 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
If you have a stock intake, save your money. If not, S&B is the second best!

I'd get a used SCT X2 for cheap and buy an SRL custom tune for it... That will save you some money!
Old 10-17-2011, 10:43 AM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
If you can swing it get rid of the Edge and go SCT with custom tunes. Also get a monitoring device (which is what you should get before the SCT). As far as intakes go, try to locate a stock intake if you can. If not either keep what you have or IMO go with a banks Ram Air system. Do some research here on which one will give you the lowest intake air temps as this will determine true air flow. What I'm saying is, is one intake system may claim to flow more efficiently than another system but if your intake air temp with that system is way higher, then your actual flow will be less because your air isnt as dense as the other system so you could end up losing horse power, which I think is the case for most of the aftermarket air intakes out there. I have read some reviews of guys that went with like an AFE intake to start with, hated it, and ended up switching to the banks and had their IATs right at or near ambient and actually gained mileage. Just my $.02. Hope this helps.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:19 AM
Premium Member

I would NOT run a Banks Ram Air Intake, as it uses the same filter media as a K&N.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:30 AM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
i recommend this SCT X3 Custom Innovative Diesel Tuning/ Edge CTS combo
Old 10-17-2011, 12:18 PM

I am with Windrunner, you need something first off to monitor your trucks condition. To make shure there is no other issues going on. I would go get a CTS or if money is tight a Scan Gauge 2. Sell the edge with Juice ASAP! That does way more harm than good for your truck. Run your truck stock until you have enough to get a XS3 and a CTS. I would go stock if not go with the banks.

On a Side note I would drop the 20K Hid's they put allot of stress on the factory wiring if it was just a plug an dplay system. I have heard of more cars having electrical fires and issues running 20K and 30K products. If you like the blue get a 55W 8K or 10K. Plus those 20K heat up really bad.

Last edited by sbarbee54; 10-17-2011 at 12:28 PM.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:46 PM

well the attitude has ect, eot, egt, boost, tranny, temp all of that couldn't i just put it on stock and get a sct x3? so i can still monitor the levels? i dont know what first a intake or sct if i go with a sct custom tunes from matt SRL? i dont have the stock intake was leaning towards a S&B but they are plastic and the injen is cast aluminum
Old 10-17-2011, 01:52 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt20 View Post
well the attitude has ect, eot, egt, boost, tranny, temp all of that couldn't i just put it on stock and get a sct x3? so i can still monitor the levels? i dont know what first a intake or sct if i go with a sct custom tunes from matt SRL? i dont have the stock intake was leaning towards a S&B but they are plastic and the injen is cast aluminum
Keep the Edge, turn it to ZERO. DO NOT EVER, I REPEAT, DO NOT EVER CRANK THE LEVEL UP WHEN SCT CUSTOM TUNED. Use it only for gauges.

Go with the S&B, the extra air doesn't hurt. Just be sure to clean it every oil change, to be safe.

Go buy a used unlocked SCT X2 for cheap, and get Matt's SRL. Since your budget is tight, there is no need in an X3. X3's are a waste in my opinion, it's just wasted money. I have an X2 and it's no different for custom tunes.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:52 PM

Read this thread. It talks about the EDGE tuning.
edge juice with attitude, no display, truck runs bad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.