think the headgaskets are gone agian. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2011, 12:14 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
think the headgaskets are gone agian.

i fire the truck up and after about 20 seconds if it running i have about 10psi of pressure in the rad bottle, i was goin up a hill the other night and i could smell coolant, i pulled over and seen alittle bit on the bottle, i was alittle bit pissed off about it cuz i kinda new it was probley headgaskets so i ran it alittle hard on the way home, fired it up the next morning and it basicly pukes sittin there idiling. did the headgaskets about 10000k ago, has studs egr delete new oil cooler ect...... i did use those black onyx gaskets then after i herd people have been having problems with them. just want some reashurance that its probley the head gaskets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2011, 01:48 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Sounds like it to me, especially if the egr has been deleted and I doubt the oil cooler would plug that quickly. By the way when you did the head stud install, did you use ford gold coolant or something else and did you put a coolant filter on?
Old 10-14-2011, 02:50 PM

did not put a coolant filter on ,i used prestone diesel coolant, i think it was red. even if the cooler was pluged it wouldnt puke without the egr cooler would it??
Old 10-14-2011, 02:59 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

No it wouldn't. It would only come from the cylinder pressure at this point since your egr cooler is gone.
Old 10-14-2011, 03:04 PM

i guess i know what im doin this weekend haha. thanks for the help man.
Old 10-14-2011, 04:04 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Well I'm truely sorry to hear that. I dont know if you did this or not when you did this last time but if not I would recommend not only using oem head gaskets this time, which I'm sure you will, but also replace/update the dummy plugs, stand pipes, and all of the injector orings and seals just to be safe with the HPO system.
Old 10-14-2011, 04:36 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
When the studs were put in, did you have the heads sent out to a reputable machine shop to be checked for flatness, cracks, and pressure tested?
Old 10-14-2011, 06:10 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i feel your pain whiteboy... im doing the same thing with my truck right now. black onyx gaskets and studs last time also...
Old 10-16-2011, 08:00 AM

just after i put them in i noticed alot of people sayin they went for a **** soon after they were put in haha, but ohh well **** happens. atleast i actually like working on these trucks and it isnt all to hard of a job just alittle time consuming. and yes i had the heads shiped out , pressure tested and alll that junk. they plained them .003 to get them true, I thought it was kinda wierd how quickly they went south. I drove from vancouver island to saskatchewan and back , like 7000kms total with out a problem put maybe 3000km around town here and coule barly smell it goin up a hill then was alittle hard on it for about an hour and now i cant keep water in it. and it will sit all pressered up all night and when i start it in the morning it flashes up , no misses no smoke no nuthing. just thought it it was coming out the bottle at an idle it would be just as easy goin back into the cylinder? i know they have 450psi+ of compression to aid with pushin gasses out of the gaskets.... but still sitting all night at about 12psi all night you would think a few drops would seap back in ??? am i wrong?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.