livewire or gauges??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2011, 11:29 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
livewire or gauges???

i found an sct livewire for 570 with the egt probe and mount but dont know if i want to go with that or buy an x3 and the 3 in 1 gauge from glow shift for 160. what do you guys think would be my best option here. as far as which would work better and hold up better???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2011, 11:54 PM

With and edge you can monitor import electronic information with gauges you can't. (FCIM, pids, clear codes). You can monitor so many different parameters. I would go with the edge, overall it's a better deal for the price.

Or if you want both no harm in that.

EDIT: sorry I seen you ment the livewire, I suggest going with an edge for monitoring (more updated then the livewire) and a sct as a tuner.
Old 10-08-2011, 11:57 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The livewire will monitor the basics(boost, egt, oil, coolant,etc.....) I have it and used it for that for a while and was pleased. It is big and bulky, but gets the job done just fine.

Now, I have a CTS and it monitors more things. But, I have a great deal more done than the usual(tune,egr,etc....) And need to keep an eye on more stuff.

If you want guages, look into ISSPRO, heard great things about them. The glowshift has the nickname glow****. Haven't heard too many good reviews on them.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:00 AM

yea cause i am going to get exhaust, tuner and gauges or live wire at the same time and i was trying to save a little money and just the live wire if it was worth the extra money. cause the cs is an extra 400 bucks on top of the tuner and the livewire is only like 150 so i was just seeing if i could get by with the live wire or not.

so the live wire will monitor the same thing that gauges will?
Old 10-09-2011, 10:04 AM

lots of people dont like the livewire...dont hear alot of i love it or will get another one....kinda is outdated and no one wants them any more....I would just get some gauges, and down the road if u want to monitor more stuff buy something like a scanguage, small kinda cheaper in price, and will get the job done...
Old 10-09-2011, 10:07 AM

ok thanks. how do you like the glow shift gauges?

can the scangauge do egts thoough?
Old 10-09-2011, 10:10 AM

I like my glow shift....lots of people kinda bash on them hear....but i have not had any problems...and their customer services is top of the line....scangauge cant do egt, but u can get a set of gauges, and a scangauge for the price of a cts or the livewire, and together they will do it all...and i like the look of gauge a little better then the cts or live wire....and the scangauge is pretty small so u can put it almost any where...
Old 10-09-2011, 10:59 AM

Everyone knocks the glowshift, but I have them the look as close to the stock gauges as possible and like said they have good customer service. They work just find and have the same functionallity as all the rest. 570 is a bit much for the livewire with all that. I see them for 429-549 for all that. Heck I got my open boxed one with all that for 389. They are a bit more bulk than I had hoped but heck if everythign was the way I wanted it I would be rich and not care.

What ever you do, do what makes you happy and monitors the must on your truck. EOT ECT EGT FULL PRESSURE and if towing TRANNY TEMP.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:59 AM

ok thanks man. where did you get your live wire? also if i got the 3in 1 gauge from glowshift which combo should i get? and do you think that would be a good gauge to have?
Old 10-09-2011, 12:25 PM
Premium Member

The livewire is certainly more accurate than the SGII...It's real-time down to two decimal places. SGII has one decimal place but it'll jump from 4psi to 10psi boost, just jumps around like that.

You can use extra software(livelink) on your comp to look up a lot of your vehicles PIDs to add extra stuff to monitor on the LW, but so far I can't find FICM voltages or the proper boost & ICP readings. Provided, I only spent an hour or so on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.