Can someone please help me - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2011, 08:12 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Can someone please help me

I have a 03 f350 6 liter and i don't know what an intake elbow does exactly. I just ordered a stage 2 75-81022
aFe Power Magnum FORCE Intake System; Stage 2 Si Pro GUARD 7; 75-81022. This is the one everyone says to go with but i don't understand this afe intake elbow. There are 2 different ones and what do they do. I i notice a difference in power

Mods done Arp studs, egr delete, sct live wire with extreme race tune by eric. 4 inch exhaust, aftermarket turbo, 190 cc injectors, 8 inch lift on 38 inch rubber,new high pressure oil pump, all new stand pipes, icp sensor, ipr vavle. I just changes all this stuff when i did the black oxidized gaskets. truck only has 90,000 on it

Last edited by bedrockbobcat; 10-04-2011 at 09:03 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2011, 08:54 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Not knowing anything about your truck or what other mods are done I will tell you that there is NO POWER GAIN to be had here. The OEM filter provides the best filtration and works just fine up until about 500 hp. I suggest you spend your money on a good monitoring system like an Edge Insight CS or CTS first. Much better use of the funds.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:55 AM
Calling all Georgians!

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
It won't really do anything from what I've been told. However, it IS already pre-drilled for adding nitrous, should you have been planning to go that route. It also claims to breathe some % more air, more efficiently... I don't know about that - but if anything, it looks fancy under your hood. It is a bigger intake manifold, but I don't think it actually does anything with a mostly stock setup.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:01 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sorry the trucks not stock, Arp studs, egr delete, sct live wire with extreme race tune by eric. 4 inch exhaust, aftermarket turbo, 190 cc injectors
Old 10-04-2011, 11:23 AM
Calling all Georgians!

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Do you have a stock intercooler? If so, then the Banks intercooler system with their "Ram Air" thing might be a better buy, because it comes with bigger intercooler piping, it should definitely flow more air.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:29 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Even with your mods, the real restriction is in the intake manifold and head ports. The CFM+ intake claims more CFM flow, but what good is that air flow if the intake manifold and heads are restricting the air flow.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:28 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilpooh View Post
Even with your mods, the real restriction is in the intake manifold and head ports. The CFM+ intake claims more CFM flow, but what good is that air flow if the intake manifold and heads are restricting the air flow.
Rich is right here. The elbow isn't the restriction and getting a better flowing one won't get any more air into the cylinder. A gogo intake would make a much bigger difference.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:17 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Yep. But for a grand off amazon, the banks technicooler with elbow is a nice addition.

As stated, the heads and intake manifold are the big restriction.

unless you are going for monster power gains (550+) Just leave it be and enjoy what you have.

What aftermarket turbo? maybe a 64mm non vgt?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.