time to buy bigger injectors need advice? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2011, 08:41 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
time to buy bigger injectors need advice?

i got 1 or 2 injectors starting to stick truck only runs bad when i start it for the first time everyday after few mins its back to normal ford wants 1000 bucks to replace just one of them thought that was really high $ $$ i have always wanted bigger injectors just dont know anything about them

i have a stock turbo right now i will get powermax when i can come up with the money. i wanted to do injectors first since they are stickin and probably going to go out soon.

help me with a good set up injector size/ % nozzles over i dont know anything about injectors i still need to tow my 32ft boat to the lake and florida once a year so a good set up for towing and 500 hp streetable

i was going to trade my truck in but thought it was pointless since i just payed if off

i looked at RCD injectors but read bad things about them so point me in a different on that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2011, 09:38 AM

check out warren diesel
Old 10-01-2011, 09:47 AM
The Lady Mod

Send a message via Yahoo to Granny
It's just my opinion but when it comes to injectors there is only one man to call and that is Ryan Casserly of Full Force Diesel. They are a supporting vendor for the site. His customer service is above and beyond in my book. He has ALWAYS taken good care of me before and after the sale. Call me a nutswinger if you like but it is what it is. Good product and customer service speaks for itself. I am sure that many others will tell you the same thing!
Old 10-01-2011, 10:37 AM

I've ran injectors from cass, innovative, and swamps. Had problems with the swamps injectors but they were old. Out of the other two both make great injectors. Ryan was just better at always answering question and being by the phone. Turn around time is the best I've delt with aswell. Ryan is great and I would have his injectors in my race truck if he still made large injectors. All that being said if you want a set of his injectors it's going to really cost ya. As for Warren diesel injectors I haven't ran a set yet but I have a set in my shop now waiting to be installed and there has been good reviews so far.

For sizing I would go 175s
Old 10-01-2011, 11:15 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
If you have 2 injectors just starting to stick I say throw 2 bottles of Rev-X in your oil and be done with it.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:26 PM

I agree with the above, just because you are starting to get stiction does not mean you need to get new ones right away. Change your oil and throw 2 bottles of rev-x in, stuff works miricals.
Old 10-01-2011, 03:40 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I would agree to try the rev-x first. If that doesn't work, give Jess at Warren diesel a call. I got a set of 175's with 100% nozzles. Excellent customer service and great product.

But, I would suggest nothing bigger than 155/100 for towing unless you can swing the money for a live tune.

The live tunes allowed me to use 175/100 and still tow, but cost around $500 for dyno time and tweaking. I am sure over the phone tuning could work, but that is alot of time and communication that can take days.
Old 10-01-2011, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg85 View Post
I would agree to try the rev-x first. If that doesn't work, give Jess at Warren diesel a call. I got a set of 175's with 100% nozzles. Excellent customer service and great product.

But, I would suggest nothing bigger than 155/100 for towing unless you can swing the money for a live tune.

The live tunes allowed me to use 175/100 and still tow, but cost around $500 for dyno time and tweaking. I am sure over the phone tuning could work, but that is alot of time and communication that can take days.
Why are you recommending to use 100 over nozzles on everything? You dont need 100 over nozzles till 225s. 175s with 75 nozzles will tow better then 175s with 100s. 100 nozzles are big, Im running 150s with my 325s.

Last edited by 06powerstroke06; 10-01-2011 at 04:31 PM.
Old 10-01-2011, 08:12 PM

call up warren diesel. he can work with your old injectors. i had a buddy that had all eight injectors sticking and the truck wouldnt start unless it was plugged in even on a 100* night. we sent the injectors off to him and he made them into 155cc with stock nozzles. needless to say better fuel mileage and the injectors run like they are brand new! and its half the price of getting new ones. he goes through and cleans the spool valves spotless and flow test each one before he sends it out. he also color cordinates each injector so that each part of the injector stays with the body. great guy to deal with and upfront and honest! BTW though Ryan Cass injectors are top notch just to much for my budget!
Old 10-02-2011, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05dieselstroker View Post
i got 1 or 2 injectors starting to stick truck only runs bad when i start it for the first time everyday after few mins its back to normal ford wants 1000 bucks to replace just one of them thought that was really high $ $$ i have always wanted bigger injectors just dont know anything about them

i have a stock turbo right now i will get powermax when i can come up with the money. i wanted to do injectors first since they are stickin and probably going to go out soon.

help me with a good set up injector size/ % nozzles over i dont know anything about injectors i still need to tow my 32ft boat to the lake and florida once a year so a good set up for towing and 500 hp streetable

i was going to trade my truck in but thought it was pointless since i just payed if off

i looked at RCD injectors but read bad things about them so point me in a different on that
here is some useful info in the followinf link,looks like 155cc's Pmax
Powermax and Injector Package Deal!!

This is my preferred injector supplier

Cass uses NEW reman injectors. The cheaper injectors are YOUR rebuilt injectors, NOT NEW

Last edited by 05harley; 10-02-2011 at 04:43 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.