Input/Help/Experience? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2011, 12:08 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Input/Help/Experience?

Hello again Org Nation. Once again, the Ga Boy needs some help. I appreciate all input, but if you have real experience I would greatly appreciate it.
Heres what we are working with:
2006 CCSB 250, 6" lift, 37" KM2's
Sinister EGR delete, ARP studs, OE head gaskets, Powermax, IDP 155's, Accufab elbow (awesome, I know), Built 5R110 with a billet convertor, 6.4 banjo bolts, blue spring kit, 1 piece driveshaft, lot's and lots of Autometer gauges.
Problem is with the tuning. I have tunes from two very reputable Guys, and one very reputable female. The tunes for the new injectors came from the two guys. One tuners files on street and race leave my fuel pressure gauge at 60-62 at idle, only dropping a very few psi (4-6) under WOT. However, the truck feels stock and barely gets out of it's on way. I swear it seemed faster with the stock turbo and sticks. This is the case with both tunes, the street and the race file.
The other tuners file is just the opposite. Just nasty. Second gear shifts blow the tires off, third chirps, the truck feels faster than my little Coupe did. Problem is the fuel pressure is dropping in dramatic fashion. Like from 60-62 at idle and cruise to a sickly 20 under WOT.
I have emailed both tuners, and gotten very different responses. Tuner A says "Meh, not sure, fp sounds good, run it", Tuner B says "get an airdog and let it eat"
I have downloaded the tunes over and over, from different pc's, loaded them to the truck on several different occasions with the same results. I did order an AD 2 today, but not sure if it's what I really need. Local tuner (who I will be going to see soon) agrees with tuner B. Says contrary to popular belief, the AD is a much needed modification, especially with ANY larger injector/turbo combo.
Any ideas? I normally wouldnt struggle with this but I trust "A", hes an awesome person, but the truck feels........flat on the tunes provided. Even though the FP stays in a nice safe area. What to do?

Last edited by Polozlx; 09-26-2011 at 12:10 PM. Reason: because words give me a headache
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2011, 04:11 PM
The Lady Mod

Send a message via Yahoo to Granny
If I were a betting lady, I would say that the one tuner has gotten the fuel pulled back due to the fact that you have stock stock fuel system on the truck. That is just my observation. The other tuner is commanding more fuel and that is why you are seeing the drop in fuel pressure. I am glad you are getting the ADII. I would consider it a required mod for bigger than stock sticks. It is pretty much insurance for sticks in my book. Once installed, I would go back to your tuners and ask them to maybe tweak your tunes. Just a thought.
Old 09-26-2011, 04:28 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Just my 2 cents but, I have always thought a fuel upgrade is a must if you change sticks. You gave it an appetite now feed it! I have an ADII on my truck my only complaint is that it is noisy. It will never want for fuel though. Of course I am on stock sticks waiting on head studs so I don't realyy share your issues but I understand the problem.
Old 09-26-2011, 04:53 PM

Thanks Granny and Tnet! Ordered the AD 2 today, guess I will be dropping the tank and installing that unit by the weekend. Might as well do the Harpoon as well, huh?
Really do appreciate the heads up. I was thinking tuner A pulled fuel, but over the phone he said the tunes were good? I'll call again tomorrow. To be honest I was really hoping to be one of the "lucky Guys" who run the 155's/Powermax on the stock system that I keep reading about. Only problem with that is the people I KNOW that have done injectors/turbo have put a fuel system on.
While I have your attention, any benefit to the rear crossover fuel line? It seems to be a good idea. Looks like a pain in the tail...
To think I sold my car to buy a truck that I "wouldn't be messing with". I think after this little bit I will be satisfied for a while.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:35 PM

I personally haven't heard of any positive or negative gains from the cross over line. I think it is a lot like the banjo bolts, peace of mind. I pulled the bed on my truck to do the ADII. Six bolts were a lot easier to me than dropping a fuel tank but, not everyone agrees or has a way to lift the bed. I pulld my truck under a metal carport and hung two chainfalls to lift it and drove the truck out from under it. I didn't even break a sweat, just sayin'.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:39 PM

Installing the AD2 in the morning. Cant wait to get it in and load my mean file.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:10 AM

AD2 saved the day. Best money I've spent so far, other than the engagement ring.
Old 10-01-2011, 10:01 AM
The Lady Mod

Send a message via Yahoo to Granny
Good to hear things are better. It sounds like you have the same addiction as the rest of us here. More power! LOL Once you are bitten by the bug, I am not sure there is a cure for it. Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.
Old 10-01-2011, 08:22 PM

jw here but why did yall pull beds or drop tanks for the AD2. i left my tank in place and my bed. just pulled the suction line off and put the airdog line on. is there something im missing. was a sump put in or bigger draw straw?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.