Xcal2 ? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2011, 06:56 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Xcal2 ?

I have an xcal 2 with custom tunes from IDP can I get tunes from Matt and store them on it? How many tunes will it hold?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2011, 07:04 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Did you buy the X-2 used with tunes on it, or did you buy tunes.
Old 09-24-2011, 07:06 PM

When I bought it it had custom tunes so I got tunes for my truck from Eric
Old 09-24-2011, 07:17 PM
Powerstroke Techie

As long as you bought tunes and have them on your PC, then yes you can get tunes from Matt without losing Eric's tunes. I believe the X-2 holds 3 tunes.

Here's how it works, when you hook up your SCT device to your PC to change tunes. Your PC overwrites the tune on the SCT and puts a copy of the new tune in the SCT device, so you still have the original on your PC.

Now if someone were to buy a used SCT with custom tunes on it, and then buys someone else's tunes to use, then when they go to put in the new tunes, the old ones will be overwritten with the new ones. Now they have lost the old tunes because they don't/can't save them onto there PC.

Right now on my X-3, I have X-race from Eric, SRL++ from Matt, and agg/tow from Vivian.
Old 09-24-2011, 07:18 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmikemac8868 View Post
I have an xcal 2 with custom tunes from IDP can I get tunes from Matt and store them on it? How many tunes will it hold?
It will hold 3, and Matt's tunes are what I'm running
Old 09-24-2011, 07:21 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilpooh View Post
As long as you bought tunes and have them on your PC, then yes you can get tunes from Matt without losing Eric's tunes. I believe the X-2 holds 3 tunes.

Here's how it works, when you hook up your SCT device to your PC to change tunes. Your PC overwrites the tune on the SCT and puts a copy of the new tune in the SCT device, so you still have the original on your PC.

Now if someone were to buy a used SCT with custom tunes on it, and then buys someone else's tunes to use, then when they go to put in the new tunes, the old ones will be overwritten with the new ones. Now they have lost the old tunes because they don't/can't save them onto there PC.

Right now on my X-3, I have X-race from Eric, SRL++ from Matt, and agg/tow from Vivian.
We musta been posting at same time, you pick and choose what tunes to replace on the x2, you don't have to replace all 3 every time you hook it to your pc
Old 09-24-2011, 07:23 PM
Powerstroke Techie

I was a minute faster! LOL!
Old 09-24-2011, 07:31 PM

Who's tunes you like the best as far as xreme race and whatever matt's race tune is?
Old 09-24-2011, 07:45 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Buy the seat of the pants, they feel the same power wise.

Matt's tunes have better street manors, they downshift almost immediately when you get on the skinny pedal.

Eric's X-race locks the converter up in 2nd gear, so let's say your cruising around 45mph and start to climb up a hill. With the converter locked, and maintaing the same pedal position with your foot, it lugs the motor down because the converter is locked. The converter wont unlock unless you tap the brakes or lay on skinny pedal. Now you can unlock the converter by either laying on the skinny pedal real hard so it unlocks the converter and downshift, or you can get off skinny pedal, tap the brake and get back on the skinny pedal just a tad harder.

Don't get me wrong, both tunes are great. With Eric's tunes, there is a bit of a learning curve if you want to use it as a daily driver. The X-race is basically a track file, yes you can use it as a daily driver, but it really shines from dead stop to WOT. With Matt's tunes, no learning curve.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.