How streetable is 1000tq@wheels? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2011, 01:43 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
How streetable is 1000tq@wheels?

My 04 f350 is my first diesel and it's been a lot of fun. The egr is deleted, oil cooler replaced, straight piped 4", sct tuned, edge cs, cat elc, shell rotella.

I've been collecting parts when ever I get enough downtime to get my head studs done. So far arp head studs, stock f350 gaskets, comp valve springs, forged stock rods.

I kinda of have a goal of 1000tq, no real why. Would a set of 215cc injectors, a 66mm non vgt turbo, regulated fuel return, FAAS. With my collection of parts get me somewhere around there? (aftermarket tranny will be purchased)

Also HPOP and LPOP will be looked into, not tootoo much research on the requirements of them yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2011, 04:20 AM

Haha a set of 190s and powermax would have got you over 1000ft lbs! I made 490/945 with that combo a year ago and it should have been in the 550 range so that's over 1000 ft lbs. You were no where near needing rods. And if your getting the springs do you have the shims? What about chrome moly push rods? But again all this isn't needed at that power level. But isn't a bad idea.

215s and a 66 will get you 600-630 range on hp and 1200 range on torque. Ball park est.

You won't need oil upgrades at that level.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06powerstroke06 View Post
Haha a set of 190s and powermax would have got you over 1000ft lbs! I made 490/945 with that combo a year ago and it should have been in the 550 range so that's over 1000 ft lbs. You were no where near needing rods. And if your getting the springs do you have the shims? What about chrome moly push rods? But again all this isn't needed at that power level. But isn't a bad idea.

215s and a 66 will get you 600-630 range on hp and 1200 range on torque. Ball park est.

You won't need oil upgrades at that level.
Good grief these things make power!!!
Old 09-20-2011, 04:50 AM

Haha that's nothing. I'm gunning for 1000+ rwhp

Last edited by 06powerstroke06; 09-20-2011 at 04:54 AM.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:21 AM

A powermax and 190's should have you real close, and still be very drivable.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:39 AM

Ummm, yeah, these 6.0 liters can make tons of torque with the right equipment, it's insane the amount of power they can make.
Old 10-06-2011, 02:50 PM
Premium Member

So then, besides studs and the other basic preventative maint stuff what is needed to run 1000rwtq with 190s & powermax? Ugraded fuel system & clutch(stick shifter here)?
Old 10-06-2011, 03:59 PM
Turbos = Witchcraft

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg_064 View Post
So then, besides studs and the other basic preventative maint stuff what is needed to run 1000rwtq with 190s & powermax? Ugraded fuel system & clutch(stick shifter here)?
Just speaking from experience, you may want to think about a new rear end; the stock one doesn't seem to like that much power. I like my Detroit Tru-Trac but there are lots of options.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuch03 View Post
Just speaking from experience, you may want to think about a new rear end; the stock one doesn't seem to like that much power. I like my Detroit Tru-Trac but there are lots of options.
regarding oil upgrades would that just be a higher output hpop then? Is there any vendor that makes say a valve train upgrade kit? Could I do 700hp with larger injectors and turbo? I dont want to bore it or change cams. Money isn't a big deal most of my truck parts are a business write off
Old 10-07-2011, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20046.0 View Post
regarding oil upgrades would that just be a higher output hpop then? Is there any vendor that makes say a valve train upgrade kit? Could I do 700hp with larger injectors and turbo? I dont want to bore it or change cams. Money isn't a big deal most of my truck parts are a business write off
You are going to want to spray it to get 700. Getting 700 on fuel would require a big laggy turbo. Unless you go compounds.

You can get valve train upgrades but it's really not needed. I just built mine up because I have the motor tore completely apart and it is just good insurance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.