06 F350 Amarillo Gauge selection - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2011, 08:56 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
06 F350 Amarillo Gauge selection

Ok looking to get some gauges installed on the truck. I'm looking to add Fuel and oil pressure under dash with Boost, Pyro trans temp up top on the A pillar. I'll probably add a oil and cooling temps as well not sure yet. I'm thinking of either going with Autometer Cobalt Digital or Glowshift Red Digital at the moment. I'm open to other suggestions. I definitely want 2 1/16 gauges and digital readouts. I've heard the fit on the Glowshift pods isn't the best can anyone confirm this and do the 99-04 under dash pods fit on a 06.

Thanks Greg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2011, 09:03 PM
back to business

Why not get an Edge CS or CTS. It'll be cheaper.

Or, if your set on seperate guages..... I'd suggest Isspro EV1's EV2's or Performax. And Auto meters as a second choice. I wouldn't even consider glow****
Old 09-16-2011, 03:42 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glueballs View Post
Ok looking to get some gauges installed on the truck. I'm looking to add Fuel and oil pressure under dash with Boost, Pyro trans temp up top on the A pillar. I'll probably add a oil and cooling temps as well not sure yet. I'm thinking of either going with Autometer Cobalt Digital or Glowshift Red Digital at the moment. I'm open to other suggestions. I definitely want 2 1/16 gauges and digital readouts. I've heard the fit on the Glowshift pods isn't the best can anyone confirm this and do the 99-04 under dash pods fit on a 06.

Thanks Greg
In the long run, the ScangaugeII or Edge Insight CS will be cheaper with the amount of info they can read, along with being able to read codes.

You defiantly need ECT/EOT, these should be your main priority!! Then fuel psi,EGT,boost, and if you tow trans temp.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilpooh View Post
In the long run, the ScangaugeII or Edge Insight CS will be cheaper with the amount of info they can read, along with being able to read codes.

You defiantly need ECT/EOT, these should be your main priority!! Then fuel psi,EGT,boost, and if you tow trans temp.
I'm not a huge fan of a big box sitting on the dash. I'd prefer gauges. I'm going to delete the EGR and switch the oil/coolant cooler and go with a bulletproof oil/air cooler so I do not need to worry about the ECT/EOT delta. I currently have a scanner for other vehicles that will give me all codes and ECT/EOT so I do not need any other device for this.

Please do not assume I do not know about these trucks. I'm new to the forum not to the diesel world. All I want to know is if people have digital gauges what they use and to give me some other brand names. I've looked at the Autometer, Glowshift and Nordost digital's. I'm also looking at McNally gauges they are a dial/digital combo gauge.

Thanks for the responses but stop suggesting an edge CTS or similar product.
Old 09-16-2011, 06:31 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Sorry for the assumption, a lot of the newbies really don't know what's going on.

I'm like you, I prefer analog gauges (7 gauges). Here's a post that strokin6L has about Dakota Digital.
good bye autometers....hello dakota digitals
Old 09-16-2011, 07:25 PM

Not sure if I came across the wrong way. I wasn't addressing you specifically. It was just the second time someone suggested a product or similar product I had already ruled out. I like those Dakota's I had read about them on another site and then forgot all about them.

I asked for a quote today on McNally Gauges. The pro's I would be able to get everything I need to see into 4 gauges. The Con's about $155 a pop.

Quote:
I would also like you to quote me if you could on some gauges. This is what I'm looking to monitor.
Oil temp / Oil pressure 35-150C / 0-100psi
Coolant temp / Fuel pressure 35-150C / 0-100psi
Exhaust Gas Temp (EGT) / Boost pressure 0-2000F / 0-100psi
Transmission Temp / Exhaust back pressure 35-150C / 0-100psi
Each gauge has a dial and a digital readout. If it is inline with the price of the equivalent single digital gauges I'll probably go with these.

Here is the site. http://www.mcnallyelectronics.com
Old 09-16-2011, 08:05 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

in all seriousness why not the edge insight. I spent just as much if not more on 3 pillar gauges and i did the cts. just my .02c
Old 10-05-2011, 07:03 PM
Premium Member

I just got a CTS and ordered a glowshift fuel pressure gauge with the autometer column pod for mine.

With the expandable egt probe, dash pod for CTS and the extra gauge and pod it was around $550.

Dik
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
amarillo, gauge, gauge pod

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.