Oil cooler/ EGR cooler upgrades???? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2011, 10:29 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Oil cooler/ EGR cooler upgrades????

What kits do most of you recommend for upgrading my cooling system? I've been looking at the Bulletproof Diesel mainly but i want to know what else is out there? who's using what? how you like what you have? and what did it cost for the kit and install??? just picking your brains so i can figure out the rout i'm going to take. Thanks for reading and thank you to those who reply.

*** To answer any possible questions here is a little faq about my rig... my stock oil cooler is failing EOT 230+ with a 30-40 degree difference from ECT, I plan on replacing the EGR cooler not deleting it, just did a complete coolant system flush, one with restore and one with VC-9 so full replacement is my next step, bought the truck at 115k no idea if oil cooler was ever replaced i'm currently at 140k. Truck had ford gold coolant in it, got rid of that replaced with a CAT-1 ELC equivalent... i do not yet have the EGR sensor for my Edge insight so i have no idea what my EGR temps are i know i need to get one so don't tell me that i already know but i'm not made of $$$***
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2011, 10:56 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
If you want to replace the EGR cooler and not do a delete, the BPD Cooler is really the only option. I don't know if there's even any other ones out there, but the BPD one has been tried and tested and verified as just about indestructible by many people. If I had to have an EGR system, I would use theirs no questions asked.

As far as the oil cooler, yet again, BPD is pretty much the only contender here for an upgrade. Lots of people on these forums with the BPD Oil Cooler with nothing but praise. There have been some other contenders over the past years, but none of them have been able to stay in the game long, as the BPD one is far and away the best out there.

The only problem with both is obviously the cost of them, but noone that has used them has ever said that the cost was not worth it.

Good luck on your replacement! Sounds like you're on the right path, having already flushed and changed coolant. Obviously that won't save an existing bad oil cooler, but you should be in good shape for a replacement for sure now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.