My new Racor Fuel Filter 500FG installed w/NucAmsoil Bypass - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2011, 11:07 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My new Racor Fuel Filter 500FG installed w/NucAmsoil Bypass

I just finished installing a Racor Marine Diesel/Water Sperator on my truck, check it out, used the Ferrule line fittings pre made, just cut the line, slide em on and tighten, leak free! heres some pics, check out my garage/photo album and look at my Amsoi/Nuc Bypass Kit with the Diesel Site Filter on it. Getting my edge Cts this week as well, ill put some pics here tho too, what do you think?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2011, 01:53 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
looks nice! lots of $$$ in filter set ups
Old 09-11-2011, 02:12 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

i like your style... can NEVER have too much filtration...
Old 09-11-2011, 02:55 PM
Premium Member

the racor i got at work, i work at a marina so i got that 500fg for 150, i also got rotella ELC Concentrate for 80.00 for 6 gallons. i got the NUC Bypass kit i was going to get the amsoil one bc im a dealer but this was wayy to good of a price to pass up and i can get the filter at discount anyway. the racor runs now with a 30micron as a base filter and water separator. the HFCM and Engine filter the rest from 10 to 4m. Im thinking of going also with a dieselsite trans filter kit too. but for now i just changed the pan filter and bypass on the framerail. for the racor i used the fittings that clamp to the metal lines from ford, makes a leak free seal and looks good too. thanks
Old 09-11-2011, 09:14 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06SuperDutyF250 View Post
the racor i got at work, i work at a marina so i got that 500fg for 150, i also got rotella ELC Concentrate for 80.00 for 6 gallons. i got the NUC Bypass kit i was going to get the amsoil one bc im a dealer but this was wayy to good of a price to pass up and i can get the filter at discount anyway. the racor runs now with a 30micron as a base filter and water separator. the HFCM and Engine filter the rest from 10 to 4m. Im thinking of going also with a dieselsite trans filter kit too. but for now i just changed the pan filter and bypass on the framerail. for the racor i used the fittings that clamp to the metal lines from ford, makes a leak free seal and looks good too. thanks
lol Where you gonna put that one? I hope down somewhere on the frame rail cuz there doesn't appear to be any room left under the hood... Nice looking install on those, though. Hope mine turn out that well.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:17 AM
Premium Member

hahaha nah it will go on the passenger side framerail, the hood is packed to the max lolol the racor is on the rear driver side. I dont know if im gunna get that one tho but still thinkin about it anything that increases the longevity and dependability i like.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:33 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06SuperDutyF250 View Post
....anything that increases the longevity and dependability i like.
2X that one!
Old 11-21-2011, 09:06 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Clean install!
Old 11-21-2011, 09:14 AM
Premium Member

thanks!, i changed it a little, the racor is still the same, but I Mounted the oil pressure gauge, and changed the Fuel Pressure gauge to a silicone filled one for better steady readings, im gunna get some more pics up. I opted not to get dieselsite Trans filter kit, instead i bought the 2008+ pan and filter and GoGo Diesel Direct Solenoid. I think the newer pan and filter and the bypass on the framerail should be good enough, considering also i changed the fluid twice, so its cherry red now and smells new.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:38 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

The Racor requires about 4.5" of clearance above to change the element. I assume that you have that but I can't really tell from the photo. I have a FG 500 to install but have been searching for the right spot. If you have enough clearance to change the filter, that would be the place as it guards the filter bottom with the frame rail.....

Buck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.