fuel pressure - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2011, 04:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
fuel pressure

hey all, im new to the forum
i have an 04 f350, 6.0 diesel. i installed the blue fuel pressure spring kit, and a new fuel pump installed prior to that. i have an autometer pillar guage set up with fuel pressure. my pressure at idle is about 57 to 60 psi if im lucky and drops 5 to 7 psi at wot. some others ive talked to said they were getting 67 psi at idle with slightly less drop at wot.
any thoughts?
thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2011, 04:38 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
So are you saying it drops all the way down to 5 or 7 psi or that it only drops 5-7 psi from say 58 psi?

If it is only dropping to just above 50 psi at WOT then I would say you are good and wouldnt worry about it. If you want less drop than that then get an Airdog II and maybe even a RR kit.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yeah pressure only drops 5 to 7 psi from 58 psi. Was more curious if the pressure at idle was low having an extreme tune, new pump and the blue spring, others have said their pressures have been around 67. Feels like fuel starving at wot but pressure still above 50 psi.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:07 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Yea couldnt tell you what the blue spring is suppose to be at because I have a RR kit on mine and have it set at 58 psi. I couldnt tell a difference in performance from being set like that or when I had it as high as 70 psi. I only have a guage for setting it but cant see what it does when running.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Ok was curious. Thanks for the info. I'm sure ill have plenty others down the road
Old 09-08-2011, 06:59 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
i have the blue spring installed also with custom tune from matt (srl)
when i first start my truck up, my fuel pressure is usually about 60, as i get a few miles down the road it works it way up to about 65ish. when i first put the spring in i was at about 68-72 all the time but after about a week it settled down.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisH3 View Post
i have the blue spring installed also with custom tune from matt (srl)
when i first start my truck up, my fuel pressure is usually about 60, as i get a few miles down the road it works it way up to about 65ish. when i first put the spring in i was at about 68-72 all the time but after about a week it settled down.
Mine has never gottin above 60 psi. Usually moves between 55 and 60. Seems to be closer to 60 if I have more fuel in the tank also. Drops almost to 50 when I'm on it. I bout this truck used, and before I installed the spring kit I was gettin 45ish and would drop into the 37 area at wot. And I bought it already modded also. Not sure exaclty what has been done other then visable things. Would higher flow injectors do this?
Old 09-08-2011, 07:52 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Scratch that last part if it was injectors my fuel pressure with engine off would be higher then. Its the same engine on or off. Even if I cycle the key
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.