Powerstroke Victorious! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2011, 07:01 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Powerstroke Victorious!

Well I finally raced my truck tonight for the first time against my buddies 2003 Cummins, and beat him pretty good. He has a Smarty S06 POD on the highest setting, straight pipe, and a bullydog air intake. First race was a boosted launch, he had a little bit more of bottom end and less wheel spin then I had, but he never got passed my grill. Then I passed by him completely I think at around 75mph. Second race was just going from a stop. I stil had a lot of wheel spin until around 3rd gear lol. But pulled away again with the speedo maxed out after about 2 truck lengths ahead of him and I think I might need a EGT gauge with more temps on it, cause I had it pegged at 1500 towards the end, and boost was around 25-30psi. I was a little optimistic about racing because I didnt want to blow a headgasket, but those arp's held up like a pro!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2011, 07:10 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Nice!! My buddy has a '04 cummins, SRW CC with the same set-up, I embarrass him everytime (except when I had a y-pipe leak). I hope he don't run the high setting all the time. He needs to watch his rail psi, and if it's a auto trans, it's taking a beating with that setting.

What tune were you running? Next time do a 4X4 boosted launch, he won't touch you!! LOL!!
Old 09-07-2011, 07:12 PM

You can beat more than that i raced a buddy with an 04.5 cummins and yes the .5 matters lol. He had exhaust,smarty with beta setting(hottest you can get), a TST, Edge EZ, cold air and upgraded CP3 and we were dead even with my setup
Old 09-07-2011, 07:17 PM

He says that his truck runs faster on stage 7 than 9, so he had it on 7. He has also had the tranny worked on once when he was running an Edge. I was runnin the extreme race tune from Innovative, and Im curious to see how the 4x4 launch will go lol!
Old 09-07-2011, 07:25 PM

4x4 launch is awsome spool to 15 psi. And yes the smarty runs the strongest on level 7
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.