Powermax & Batmowheel on stock injectors - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2011, 11:33 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Powermax & Batmowheel on stock injectors

I dont know how many threads ive read that someone was looking for results with the powermax,batmowheel with stock injectors. Well I figured i'd tune in for anyone interested cause I too was looking for results, likes or dislikes and didn't find much. Anyways I have all three. I bought the batmowheel because I was disappointed in the powermax and expected more seat of the pants power feeling. I didnt do a before and after dyno so I have no technical data for those that need hp/tq numbers. My truck info; 2007 cc, 4x4, sct livewire, currenty running vivians looney tune, headstuds, 5" exhaust, banks intake, powermax w/ batmowheel and other stuff im forgetting.

Installation; pretty easy (for me at least) 1.5-2hrs. Have to remove the turbo and take it apart. Nothing to get too worried about, especially since the guy at maryland performance diesel showed me how when I went there to purchase the wheel. Very cool dude to deal with.

Performance; you can defianlty feel more mid range power and does spool up alittle bit faster. Cruising around 15mph I could floor it and break the tires loose, wouldnt do that before.

Smoke; it cleans up somewhat faster but still has a dark haze when flooring it.

Sound; without the batmowheel would be a loud ppsssssssss noise but with it, it sounds more like deeper hhhummmmmmm but still loud.

Fuel mileage; really couldn't tell ya since i've been playing with the truck everytime I get in it. But once I stop playing around i'll report back.

EGT's; seem to be lower allover. Does take longer for them to climb to 1350 or so than before at full throttle.

Towing; I don't pull anything to heavy (8x12 enclosed w/ 2 atv's inside) but since it spools faster, pulling out in traffic is a breeze and there no need for anymore go-fast pedal than before. Egt's dont climb to crazy so there no need to watch them like a hawk.

Overall; I'm glad I purchased the wheel. Its really nice to buy something that once installed you can feel and hear a difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2011, 01:22 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Maybe this is asking to much here and if so I am sorry, but why dont you guys with the powermax (doesnt matter if you have a batmowheel or not. it would be nice if you did.) put your stock turbo back on with your favorite tune and go dyno it and then swap back to your powermax with your favorite powermax tune and go dyno that and then if you have a batmowheel like smokeum does, put that on and go dyno that. Then we will have something go by that would serve as a baseline. I mean because otherwise noneone will ever get it right and let's face it. Who wants to spend their hard earned money for our R&D?
Old 09-07-2011, 01:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeum99ta View Post
I dont know how many threads ive read that someone was looking for results with the powermax,batmowheel with stock injectors. Well I figured i'd tune in for anyone interested cause I too was looking for results, likes or dislikes and didn't find much. Anyways I have all three. I bought the batmowheel because I was disappointed in the powermax and expected more seat of the pants power feeling. I didnt do a before and after dyno so I have no technical data for those that need hp/tq numbers. My truck info; 2007 cc, 4x4, sct livewire, currenty running vivians looney tune, headstuds, 5" exhaust, banks intake, powermax w/ batmowheel and other stuff im forgetting.

Installation; pretty easy (for me at least) 1.5-2hrs. Have to remove the turbo and take it apart. Nothing to get too worried about, especially since the guy at maryland performance diesel showed me how when I went there to purchase the wheel. Very cool dude to deal with.

Performance; you can defianlty feel more mid range power and does spool up alittle bit faster. Cruising around 15mph I could floor it and break the tires loose, wouldnt do that before.

Sound; without the batmowheel would be a loud ppsssssssss noise but with it, it sounds more like deeper hhhummmmmmm but still loud.

Fuel mileage; really couldn't tell ya since i've been playing with the truck everytime I get in it. But once I stop playing around i'll report back.

EGT's; seem to be lower allover. Does take longer for them to climb to 1350 or so than before at full throttle.

Towing; I don't pull anything to heavy (8x12 enclosed w/ 2 atv's inside) but since it spools faster, pulling out in traffic is a breeze and there no need for anymore go-fast pedal than before. Egt's dont climb to crazy so there no need to watch them like a hawk.

Overall; I'm glad I purchased the wheel. Its really nice to buy something that once installed you can feel and hear a difference.
Did you get new tunes for the powermax? (I know people recommend a custom tune specific for the powermax. Not your regular custom tune. I would assume that your aware of that and or did that already?)

I wonder if they can even add a lil more to the tune if you run a batmowheel?

Just wondering because like everyone else. I'm interested in the max stats.
I also see that Matt at gear head has allot of experience with tuning powermax turbos. Wonder if that would change anything?

Its to bad that it probably just comes down to bigger injectors which inturn=more money. Just my

I'll let you know my report in about a week or two. Looks like santa will be stoppin by in a brown UPS truck for me!!! I'll be tryin out the Pmax on stock injectors aswell!

Last edited by Buzzyt517; 09-07-2011 at 01:53 PM.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:57 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

From what I have gathered from reading about the powermax, a power increase from adding just the turbo is not a good expectation to have. Even with proper tuning, an increase in seat of the pants feel horsepower would be just like what smokeum described. The batmowheel may or may not help IDK but again from what I have read it takes larger injectors to really get more power and the fact that the powermax is bigger allows it to flow more air than stock, thus allowing it to clean up the extra fuel from the larger injectors. Basically it allows your truck to grow horse power wise if you add the larger injectors. It is up to debate and various goals for the truck that determine what size injectors should be used.
Old 09-07-2011, 02:33 PM

good to hear with good results. I have one myself for my stock 03 turbo waiting to be put on
Old 09-11-2011, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeum99ta View Post

Thanks for posting your real world experiences with this, I am going to be installing the wheel on my truck. Hopefully within the next couple weeks.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:05 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Any updates on the batmowheel and Pmax?
Old 10-21-2011, 07:31 AM

I haven't driven my truck enough to give a real good review yet, and no dyno available to me either. It seems to have better low end torque, which I like. I don't notice any more/less noise from the turbo. I notice if I get on it while turning, the tires seem to break loose a lot easier, which my wife commented on every time I did it. I have run it with extreme street and right now its tuned with extreme race. I've probably only driven 150 miles so far with the batmowheel.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:44 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I helped a friend put one of these on his 05 about a week ago. Took it out running srl+ for pmax. There is better response and that dead spot he had when running stock injectors seems to be gone. I also had this running xstreet for pmax. The dead spot seemed to be about 1/4 to 1/2 throttle( your moving, but seems the motor is starving for something)

From a dig, the spool up is noticibly faster and the smoke thins out quicker. Also didn't notice much change in sound. And the tires do break loose faster.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:07 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

That is good to know. I think if I get a powermax that I will definitely get a batmowheel for it right off the bat (no pun intended).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.