Need help On Setting my Sct Tuner for 03 6.0 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2011, 01:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need help On Setting my Sct Tuner for 03 6.0

I just recently installed a new oil cooler, sinister egr delete kit and gaskets etc on my 03 6.0 fx4. I also ordered a sct f3 for the truck. I tried setting it up on my truck and im not sure how i should tune it. Right now i have it set on the performance tune. It shifts really hard and when i get up on it, it wil rev and stay up and then like jerk and shift. I am wanting a smooth acceleration when i get on it. No towing will be involved right now. Any help is appreciated and if someone could send me a list on where each setting should be i would appreciate it. Also if i want to get a custom tune, how do i go about getting one? Can i download it from an email or do i have to send my tuner off to have it installed? Im new to all this so please excuse my inexperience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2011, 02:52 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
After you load a tune, you need to give the trans time/miles for it to relearn.

If normal driving don't help with smoother shifts, you can read post #13 and give it a try.
http://www.thedieselgarage.com/forum...uncoast&page=2

You can play with the settings, I would suggest to only go in 5% increments at a time, trial and error. Here is a run down of what the settings do.
http://www.sctflash.com/support/inde...eid=45&nav=0,3

Custom tunes make a big difference, canned tunes suck!!! When you contact a custom tune writer, they will need you truck mods, strategy,SCT device serial number, and credit card number. Explain to them what you are looking for in a tune. The tunes will be sent to you in your email as an attachment. Make sure your PC is set up with the SCT software (Device updater,firmware, and tune revision). Return your truck back to stock before you update your SCT device.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
appreciate that info! that helps me alot!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.