Needing Custom Tunes & Contact Info - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2011, 12:07 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Needing Custom Tunes & Contact Info

Does anyone know how to get ahold of someone about getting customs tune files made for my X3? I've been running canned tunes for a couple of months, and after reading, I feel like I would be much better off running a custom made tune specifically for my truck and the work I do with it. I've emailed Innovative a couple times but never heard anything back. I'm not even sure how to hook my tuner up to my computer to load and save tune files, so I would need some direction on that as well.

My sig has my truck in it. No studs, no delete, just exhaust and intake. (The intake was on it when I bought the truck, I would have preferred the Donaldson stock filter, but it's already gone.)

Anyone have any recommendations on who could hook me up and point me in the right direction and pass along their contact information as well?

Thanks!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2011, 02:45 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
http://www.quicktricksauto.com/contact-us.html

http://gearheadautomotiveperformance...p?page=contact

http://innovativediesel.com/contact.html

I've always had luck by calling, leaving a message and wait for the return call.

You need to set up your PC, goto SCT website, look for product updates, select your device, it might ask for the serial #. Pay attention with the X-3, the original X-3's take different firmware than the newer X-3's, the first two letters of the serial # will tell you which model and firmware you'll need.

http://www.sctflash.com/support/inde...eid=37&nav=0,3
Old 08-31-2011, 03:16 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Which one would you reccommend of the three?
Old 08-31-2011, 03:46 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.thed View Post
Which one would you reccommend of the three?
All three are great tune writers. Vivian @ Quicktricks has the Looney tunes, Eric @ Innovative has the Extreme tunes, and Matt @ Gearhead has the SRL tunes.

Looney and Extreme tunes are smokier tunes, and have a "light switch" effect, which means when your rolling into the throttle, at a certain point "click" the power comes on hard and strong. The SRL tunes hardly smoke and don't have the "light switch" effect, the power is smooth and progressive when you roll into the throttle.

The looney and extreme tunes tend to lug the motor down more when the TC is locked at cruising speed, then when you roll into the throttle the motor lugs down until it either downshifts or you can get on top of the RPM to get her moving enough.

The SRL don't lug as much, and when at cruising speed when you roll into the throttle it downshifts almost immediately to prevent lugging the motor.

The Looney and Extreme tunes tend to run the EGT's up faster than the SRL tunes.

Here's my opinion.
It really boils down to your driving style and preference. If your looking for a tune that has more of the stock tune trans characteristics for daily driving with the extra power, then go with the SRL tunes. I like them all, and switch out tunes often, some guys like some tunes over the other ones.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.