2006 F350 SD Looking for advise on tune up - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2011, 02:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Arrow 2006 F350 SD Looking for advise on tune up

Whats up guys i'm a new diesel truck owner i have a 06' F350 Super Duty with a 6.0L I'm looking to up the horsepower and torque the truck is going to be use for plowing and hauling car to state to state, and some off-roading as well.... so i'm looking on what to get on the truck a few mods nothing crazy

thanks for you help

Ciccio6969

2006 F350 SD 4X4 Stock W/Mud tires

Last edited by ciccio6969; 08-30-2011 at 02:29 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2011, 04:50 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Gauges/monitor first!!! You need to check the health of your motor for known issues. After you have addressed the issues, your ready for power mods.

Read this to get you started.
Things to consider about owning a 6.0L
Old 08-30-2011, 03:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilpooh View Post
Gauges/monitor first!!! You need to check the health of your motor for known issues. After you have addressed the issues, your ready for power mods.

Read this to get you started.
Things to consider about owning a 6.0L
so what gauges/monitors should i get first boost, fuel pressure gauge, oil, also how do i check the health of my motor??? its has very low miles on it for being an 2006 has 55,000 miles on it.

2006' F350 SD 4x4 Stock W/mud tires
Old 08-30-2011, 03:39 PM
Powerstroke Techie

The best bang for the buck will be the ScangaugeII ($160ish), but you'll need analog fuel psi and EGT gauges. It looks cheap, but gets the job done.

The Edge Insight CS/CTS will monitor everything needed for the 6.0. You'll need the expandable cables and probe/sensor for fuel psi and EGT, which cost extra.

The old school analog gauges can get costly and take up room when you mount them in the cab. IMO, the minimum would be EGT,fuel psi, ECT,EOT, and trans if you tow. If you owned a '03-'04, then throw in a boost gauge.

The ScangaugeII and Insight CS/CTS will monitor WAY more than you could afford analog gauges. It just depends on how deep your pockets are and what you prefer to look at. The ScangaugeII is plain number readout, the CS/CTS has a fancy display.
Old 08-30-2011, 03:43 PM
Powerstroke Techie

You can check out Stealth Diesel for package deals.
http://www.stealth-automotive.com/in...ategory_id=308

With the 6.0, the SCT tuner with custom tunes is the way to go. Start reading up, you'll catch on what the "do's/don'ts" are with the 6.0.
Old 08-30-2011, 03:48 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Firstly, congrats on the new truck and welcome to the org! As everyone has already stated, gauges first before any tuner. There are some tuners out there, like the EDGE Evolution CS & CTS models that have gauges built in, but truthfully the SCT is where its at for a programmer. The EDGE Insight CS, which is a digital multi-gauge much similar to the Evolution just without tuning is probably one of our biggest sellers, that coupled with the SCT tuner creates a powerful duo. Exhaust wise, everyone is going to tell you differently, I prefer the 4" kits with a muffler and the 5" kits without a muffler. Intakes are another one of those endless topics that we can all debate on for years, but when it comes down to it, go with the AFE Stage 1 or the S&B Cold Air Kit. Both of them are at a great price and both are great filters. If you have any further questions let me know!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
mods, power ups, update

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.