Should FICM harness be under warranty? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2011, 02:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Should FICM harness be under warranty?

Ford dealership replaced my FICM under warranty and since then my truck has been having intermittent starting issues. I finally got my CTS to read a DTC of P0335,CKP sensor malfunctioning. I made an appointment for them to replace it today and not they are saying my FICM harness is bad as well and may not be covered under same warranty after they replaced my FICM and that is when all this started. Anyone know if the harness should or is covered under warranty or since the dealership replaced FICM it is possible they may have caused damage during the replacement and should fix said harness?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2011, 03:12 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
actually if you're pulling that CKP code it wouldn't be related to the ficm or the harnesses running to it.

only the CKPO is delivered from the PCM to the FICM via main eng harness
Old 08-29-2011, 03:15 PM

When I brought it to them this morning the CKP was only thing on my mind that needed to be replaced cause of that code but when I spoke to my service advisor about an hour ago he said the mechanic was looking to make sure there wasnt more then the CKP and said he found that the harness was bad on FICM. I am with you on this one and have no idea why he would go looking into the FICM they just replace maybe a month ago and since then my FICM voltage has not dropp[ed below 47.5 at any time. So I am at a loss at this point.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:25 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Yeah that is strange. Did they say anything about why the CKP code was set?
Old 08-29-2011, 03:32 PM

I have been having issues with it starting on and off ever since they put the new FICM in and re-flashed my ECM. When the problem happened really badly at a gas station one day and wouldnt start for almost ten minutes my Edge CTS read that code. WHen I looked it up understand what the CKP actually did I started to think that this could be the cause since my HPOP was not leaking my airdog was at a constant 64-66 psi with a new filter no injector codes were coming up and I even ran some Rex X after I changed my oil just in case they were sticking a bit. All this and the issue was still there on a hot day cold first start in morning no matter what the situation. So they looked into the CKP cause of the code I finally got and today when it did the same problem for them they said that a faulty CKP sensor made sense but needed to make sure cause the CMP could be bad as well.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:42 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
What is CKP and CMP??
Old 08-29-2011, 03:45 PM

Well I was just told that the warranty I purchased when I bought my Ford used threw a dealership out here in SoCal will be covering about 1200 worth or work and only think I owe is the 100 deductible. So reason why he went looking back into the FICM harness is when they got it back into the shop to do a proper diagnostic the code that popped up gave him instructions to look into the FICM and the harness and first on list was a wiggle type test and thats when my truck really started to jump and all the issues I been trying to show them started to happen almost every time. The harness was shorting out and the CKP sensor was going out as well. So hopefully this should be a fix to all my worries and have my girl feeling like her old self again.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by windrunner408 View Post
What is CKP and CMP??
The CKP is the crankshaft positioning sensor or circuit and the CMP I believe is the cam shaft positioning sensor. If I understood what I read on them they go along with the number 1 cylinder being TDS or in the right position to fire and turn the engine over. I may be wrong or there may be more to it but from what I found that is what I got out of it.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:07 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Ok. Thank You. Sorry for the hijack but like learning as much as I can.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.