Driving in Tow tune - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 08-25-2011, 10:22 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 129
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Driving in Tow tune

Is it fine to be driving around in Eric's custom tow tune. I am getting ready for the hurricane here on the east coast and I have a couple of boats to tow out of the water. Then if it floods in my area which I'm sure it will, I will be driving around helping people or towing cars that get stuck in the flood. So I figured I should just leave it in the tow tune the whole time.

2006 F250 King Ranch 6.0L - 2.5" Leveling Kit w/ 4" rear blocks, ARP Studs, EGR Delete, 4" TB MBPR Straight Exhaust, SCT Tuner w/ Quick Tricks, Innovative, and Gearhead tuning, Blue Spring Upgrade, Dieselsite Coolant Filter, ScanGuage II, Dyno-Tune EGT guage, High Idle, Custom Wood Steering Wheel, PAC Aux Input, Ipad Mount, 5% Tint all around w/ 50% Windsheild Tint
Timbo126 is offline  
post #2 of 6 Old 08-25-2011, 12:28 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
fordfan30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ft. Knox/Flaherty Ky
Posts: 818
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
you will be fine in a tow tune. good luck to all on the east coast

06 F250 4x4 ecsb, lowered 2", 6 Autometer Phantom 2 guages, Accufab Elbow, Zoodad, Airaid , Magnaflow 4"dp, 5" pipe 7" short stack, Studs, Egr delete, sneaky pipe, regulated fuel return, 6.4 banjo bolts, Moderate FICM from Innovative, High idle and foglight mods, Bilsteins, Sulastic shackles, DIY Harley headlights and traction bars. 8.76 in the 1/8th
fordfan30 is offline  
post #3 of 6 Old 09-02-2011, 06:13 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
jetjock15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Vegas
Posts: 3,649
Thanks: 17
Thanked 154 Times in 136 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
My truck has run tow tune its entire life, tows 75% of its miles (thats why I own her) but the other 25% I dont change back... no issues so far

06-King/Deavers/37s/AF 22x12s/4:56/F/R Detroits/Road Armors/Warn12k/155/30s, MTW S1Billet/GoGo Manifold/Banks IC/NADP Heavy Hauler Trans/ORU Hydro-Steer/PHP tow Tune/BPD HD oil cooler/Oil & Coolant bypass/AMP steps/TransferFlow tank-toolbox

jetjock15 is offline  
post #4 of 6 Old 09-02-2011, 09:24 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
smokersteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: California
Posts: 4,337
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I use erics street tune as a dd and tow my 10,000lb 5thwheel. So it is on 95% of the time.

You will be good with his eco, tow and street tune.
smokersteve is offline  
post #5 of 6 Old 09-03-2011, 08:32 AM
Premium Member
 
Rick C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Yucaipa, CA
Posts: 330
Thanks: 1
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetjock15 View Post
My truck has run tow tune its entire life, tows 75% of its miles (thats why I own her) but the other 25% I dont change back... no issues so far
I think I have said this before jetjock...but...MAN THAT IS A B****IN TRUCK!!! Put a really sick ISB common rail (sorry just a Cummins fan, no flame intended) in that dude, say 700 hp or so...OMG. Oh yeah...the tow tunes, it's fine.

2005 F-450 CC Fontaine Conversion
(It's the heavy GVW one with the Dana 135, 4:88's and bigger brakes)
Link Air Ride Suspension
Banks Stuff (CAC, Exhaust)
EDGE CTS
SCT x3 with Eric's tunes
Bullitt Proofed (EGR mod, Remote oil cooler/filter)
ScanGaugeII
Odyssey AGM's
High Idle Mod, CCV Mod
More $$$ to be spent i'm sure!
2001.5 Dodge 3500 CC
5.9 Cummins/6spd shaker
WAY too much reliable power
Turbo, injectors...you get the picture

Last edited by Rick C; 09-03-2011 at 08:36 AM.
Rick C is offline  
post #6 of 6 Old 09-03-2011, 10:52 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
jetjock15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Vegas
Posts: 3,649
Thanks: 17
Thanked 154 Times in 136 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Thanks brother!

06-King/Deavers/37s/AF 22x12s/4:56/F/R Detroits/Road Armors/Warn12k/155/30s, MTW S1Billet/GoGo Manifold/Banks IC/NADP Heavy Hauler Trans/ORU Hydro-Steer/PHP tow Tune/BPD HD oil cooler/Oil & Coolant bypass/AMP steps/TransferFlow tank-toolbox

jetjock15 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome