Why can you just bypas the intake with the coolant hose? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2011, 08:20 PM
Emergency Services

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Why can you just bypas the intake with the coolant hose?

Once you delete the EGR cooler, why can't you just bypass the intake the intake with the coolant hose, instead of dealing with all the bends of the hose to connect the intake down to the fitting on the oil cooler.

The GoGo Diesel intakes use a new fitting in the oil cooler and then route the coolant line straiit back to the reservoir.

Here is the fitting:

And I assume this blue line is the line running from that fitting back to the reservoir:

Is there anything special you would have to do (other than blocking the intake off), to do this on any EGR delete? seems like a lot better than dealing with the 180 degree bend on the hose connecting the intake to the oil cooler. Just thinking out loud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2011, 05:57 AM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Well obviously you have never taken your intake manifold off before. I dont mean that as a bad thing nor am I trying to be a dick. I am just saying the explanation would probably make more sense to you. Either way the reason you cant do that with your stock intake manifold is because there is a port/hole that comes from the water pump assembly that would normally have coolant flowing from it to the egr cooler to the oil cooler or vice versa not sure and with your egr delete it just uses the hoop vice an actual cooler so what you would have to do is plug that hole in your manifold (not sure how you would do that exactly) and then you could do what gogo has done. FYI gogo totally cuts out the whole coolant flow path of the intake manifold and welds it up then that is how they are able to use the design they show. Hope that makes sense and helps out.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:08 AM
Emergency Services

You do kind of sound like a dick lol

That aside, no I never have had the intake off, that's what I'm preparing for. I guess thanks for the info. I'll probably just order the GoGo intake. Anyone else have any info?
Old 08-22-2011, 06:13 AM
information regurgitator

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
You could just route it back to the bottle, but you will need to find a way to block the flow of coolant from the waterpump. You might be able to accomplish that if you could find a solid piece of rubber as thick as the donut gasket under the intake at this waterpump/intake manifold connection.
You will not gain a thing by re-routing it back to the degas bottle. Nothing. The engine heat/turbo heat will heat the intake to the same temp, whether or not the coolant runs through that little corner. Unless you are going to install much larger injectors, larger turbo, studding it and shooting for 600 horses, you have to ask yourself if it is worth the price.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:25 AM
Emergency Services

Well it's not really a price issue, because the intake costs (475) about the same as an intake from somebody like FCDP. I was just wondering if it would be more stable than all the u-shape bends on a normal EGR delete. Like I said, just curious more than anything.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:30 AM
information regurgitator

I haven't heard of any issues with the use of the "u" pipe egr deletes. No leaks, no failures.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:21 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Been rocking my RCD full delete setup which was a less than 1/2 that price and it doesn't leak, no issues.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:27 AM
Emergency Services

I know everyone has deletes that work good for them, and I may end up looking at that too. But I'm really wanting info on my original question, in the original post.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:57 AM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
For your original post. In order to use your stock intake manifold, which it doesnt sound like you are going to, you will need to do something like NYC F-350 said. You will see what he is talking about once you pull the intake off. That aside if you are going with the gogo intake then you will be fine and wont have to do anything but bolt it on and route the hose like they show. I personally think the gogo intake is a great upgrade and I think I am going to do that in conjunction with a powermax turbo w/ a batmowheel. Hope this helps.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:03 AM
Emergency Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by windrunner408 View Post
For your original post. In order to use your stock intake manifold, which it doesnt sound like you are going to, you will need to do something like NYC F-350 said. You will see what he is talking about once you pull the intake off. That aside if you are going with the gogo intake then you will be fine and wont have to do anything but bolt it on and route the hose like they show. I personally think the gogo intake is a great upgrade and I think I am going to do that in conjunction with a powermax turbo w/ a batmowheel. Hope this helps.

Are you planning on going with the GoGo EGR Delete intake or the full Stage 1 intake?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.