Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

new SRL+

3K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  3brorce 
#1 ·
Is there a new version of the SRL+ out?

#6 ·
Just put your EGR valve back in the factory position, plugged in.

And the SRL++ is only for trucks that CANNOT hit 30 PSI of boost on the SRL+, if your truck hits 30 on the SRL+, the SRL++ will actually run slower.

#7 ·
I have the regular SRL and I hit boost pressures of 35 psi max. I have a plate over where the egr valve goes. I am just going to plug it in and leave it hang there if i still have the valve. I dont see why there would be a problem with not having the valve plugged in because i had it like that with my idp tunes and hit 30 psi. tune hauls butt tho with hitting that high of boost

#9 ·
i just emailed matt and he said that it would be more responsive down low. He said that i may have cooling fans issues and could cause my vgt to act up. another member lilpooh brought to my attention that when i had my valve plugged in that my turbo vanes cycled. now that i have it unplugged they do not. every stragtegy is different. i have vxap2

#10 ·
yup and matts completely right, my vgt cycle and fans were off on my 05 with the egr turned off in tuning, i had to buy a spare egr valve to plug in to get rid of my CEL, and my truck went back to normal. I just plugged it in and left it on top of the engine, i still have my delete plate on there

#12 ·
It also depends on the strategy in your truck. I read somewhere else that ford made a newer tune in trying to stop the elimination of the egr system. my vxap2 does not vane cycle or that and i believe that is a newer crappier strat

#14 ·
my fan clutch would click at idle and with my strategy my vanes would slightly cycle if idling for longer than a few minutes with the valve plugged in and stopped when i deleted the egr, its not back after i plugged the valve back in and no more fan clutch clicking. throttle response down low is also more responsive again.

my truck doesnt really get hot enough for the fans to come on either

#15 ·
just plugged my valve back in this morning and she is no longer overboosting. hit about 31-32 psi instead of the scary 35-36. my vanes also began to sweep which it hadnt done while unplugged. Matt R and lilpooh know there stuff

#17 ·
When is the last time you had your truck reflashed at the dealer? If that is an older strategy it probably will not do the vanes sweep. I didnt ask matt to do it in the tuning. it is in my stock vxap2 strat and carries over into my custom tune only if i have my egr valve plugged in. vanes will not sweep without egr valve being plugged in

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.