straight piped powermax to loud for hunting? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2011, 06:19 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
straight piped powermax to loud for hunting?

Hey guys I was wondering is my truck is to loud and it will spook all the deer?

The spot I go hunting I drive through the field and woods and I park my truck about 1/4mile from where my stands are.

I never really thought about this when I was doing my mods...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2011, 06:35 AM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
In my opinion and from what I have noticed, engine noise has little to do with spooking deer. I have driven up on and by deer with 4 wheelers, tractors, trucks, etc. How spooky the deer are has more to do with the amount of hunting pressure in your area. Either way though if your truck stock didnt spook the deer in your opinion then it still wont spook them with an aftermarket exhaust.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:41 AM

they are more than likey not going to be be spooked by truck noise they hear it daily. I drive my truck with a 03 turbo and i still see deer all the time in the stand

Maybe head to the stand a little earlier that way things to get settled down quicker
Old 08-16-2011, 12:22 PM

I wouldnt worry about it at all.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:38 AM
Premium Member

Here is our problem out here NM. When hunters put pressure on the deer and elk they hear or see any vehicle they take off. Now on the 4 wheeler they stand and look at you for a long while then walk off. I put my stock muffler back on, all it did was make it a little quieter and took away the growl I love. The turbo is still loud at 1500 rpms.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:48 AM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertSmoker View Post
Here is our problem out here NM. When hunters put pressure on the deer and elk they hear or see any vehicle they take off. Now on the 4 wheeler they stand and look at you for a long while then walk off. I put my stock muffler back on, all it did was make it a little quieter and took away the growl I love. The turbo is still loud at 1500 rpms.
Exactly! It all has to do with the amount of hunting pressure the area that you are hunting in sees. If you are in a high pressure area, the wildlife associates machines (i.e. trucks, tractors, atvs, etc.) with the hunters and spook easily and it wont matter whether you make your machine a little louder or quieter in all reality because their ears are way keener than ours are. So if your machine spooked the deer before you made it louder than it will still spook them and if it doesnt spook them as it is right now then it probably will still not spook them. I wouldnt worry about a little louder exhaust deter me from helping my truck sound/perform better. JMO.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:12 AM

it the complete opposite here.....seems like the come to the sound of a motor vehicle....but thats cause most of the time they are in the city....but i dont ever drive my truck to hunt, so i couldnt tell ya....got a jeep i use....alot quieter....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.