What Next? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2011, 07:43 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What Next?

Ok, so I have a 2004 ford f250, I have a banks techni cooler, Twisted stage 3 transmission, sinister egr delete, casserly 190cc injectors, arp head studs, sinister 18mm head gaskets, and sct tuner all coming in in the mail. What else should I get while I have the cab off? I am looking to get a twin turbo also, but dont know what a good one is. So any help finding a twin turbo and any other help will be appreciated.

Thanks, Brett
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2011, 06:15 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Add a Powermax turbo and you will easily be in the 550-600 rwhp zone with a good tune. Check Innovative Diesel for a compound turbo setup. You can also check with Elite. You are looking at 6K+ for compounds and your 190's are too small. For compounds you want to go with 205's or 225's depending on the turbo's.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:45 AM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
What are your goals for the truck?? Because like PGreenSVT said, if you are going to go with twins 190s even with 100% nozzles will only get you to ~600hp with twin turbos. You really need 205s to get more than 600HP with twins. The twins cost around 6-7K and installing and tuning to make the truck run right can be a night mare. Personally, I would just stick with a powermax as they can be had for under 1200 shipped, bolt into the stock location, can easily reach 550hp, and you can turn the fuel back on your injectors to still tow if you desire. So for an extra 50 to 100HP you are going to be paying a whole lot more and doing WAY more work. It is just really hard to beat the results of the powermax for the cost IMO. Hope this helps.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:47 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Powermax isn't going to get you 600hp on fuel. Shawn elerton is selling his compound set up out of his tow rig. The primary is a s480. That might be big for your 190s but a s475 would be great with it and they are dirt cheap!
Old 08-16-2011, 07:18 AM
BACKYARDIGAN

Oh yea I forgot to include that you are going to want to upgrade your fuel system unless you already have and I missed it. I recommend an AirDog II and a RR kit because I like fuel flowing through my heads rather than dead heading but that is just me. Either way you are going to need an AirDog II to keep those injectors happy IMO.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:00 AM

If you dont have a fuel pump, get one.

S&B intake.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:48 PM

Well I want to. Make it into a truck that I can take it too the drag strip, but I can still have it as my daily driver and still be able to tow, but what size turbo should I get, and with what injectors? I already have the airdog 2, just forgot to put it on the list
Old 08-16-2011, 05:28 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Well it really then depends on how much you want to spend. I would call innovative diesel and look at their towing twins. I think it should get you in the 600HP neighbor hood on fuel. That is where I would start. Not really sure on all of the wheel sizes but to do what you want I would go with a 62mm high pressure turbo with a diverter valve and like 06powerstroke said a s475. Since you are going to be wanting to tow, you are going to want FAST spooling. Stay away from the s480s. Fast spooling and 190s with 100% nozzles should put you right there at the 600Hp mark.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:16 PM

190/100's with a 62/65/80 with diverter valve will get you in the 12's and still be able to tow, shawn ran that as the high pressure in his twin setup i believe and it worked very well for him
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.