Nitrous??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2011, 07:13 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Nitrous???

Hey guys I have a 03 f250 and I was wondering if anyone on here was runnin gas or knew of anyone runnin it?? I'm not real sure on how a diesel handles it compaired to the cobra I used to have and wanted more info and imput on it before gettin into it and everything. I already have an intake a full exhaust and custom tuned sct from innovative and have my truck in the shop now gettin somethin fixed and havin then put head studs in to while it's in there. I do race this truck and just wantin a poweradder like nitrous or propane but just don't know a whole lot about it though. I'm also planning on gettin a fass fuel system and a powermax turbo here soon as well along with water/meth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2011, 07:39 AM
'Merica

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Nitrous is useless without extra fuel. Sounds like your supportin mods are a good step though.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:44 AM

Ok that's what I was wonderin cause on my cobra I just had a 100 shot and just had to have it tuned for it and everything so I just wanted to know what else would be needed before I decided to run it
Old 08-15-2011, 08:01 AM
'Merica

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
excess fuel. IE Bigger injectors. You could prob run a small shot with the stockers, but someone else with more experience should chime in on that. My truck is 98% smoke free at the moment, so nitrous is not gonna be happenin for me.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:10 AM

Yea well surprisingly mine smokes Like a freight train till I hit overdrive then it mellows out to a kinda greyish color lol
Old 08-15-2011, 08:12 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

You can spray a stock injector truck no problem. Its not going to add as much as a smoky rig would but it would be a nice gain. I have heard of trucks getting in to high 12s with spray and stock injectors but dont expect that. most likely mid 13s.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:16 AM

To be honest I've never seen a powerstroke with just an intake exhaust and a programmer smoke as much as mine does I was def surprised when I got the programmer for it
Old 08-15-2011, 08:21 AM

I have a cold start vid on YouTube and the thick puff of smoke it pushes out when I just hit it is how it is the whole time when you lay in it my username is solowyota1 on YouTube if you wanna see it
Old 08-15-2011, 08:54 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

The only difference really between your cobra and your diesel now is most gas cars run a wet kit and diesels use a dry kit. We just overfuel like crazy to get our power, so all we need is more air. Nitrous is cheaper than adding large turbos too! It WILL increase cylinder temps though, but will not seem that way since EGT's will drop. Just something to think about. A lot of guys use it on stock injector tuned trucks. Eric from Innovative has tunes for it too, I believe they just back the timing off a bit.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:58 AM

Ok thanks for that I'll have to get with Him and ask about that then
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.