Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Nitrous???

874 views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  03stroker1 
#1 ·
Hey guys I have a 03 f250 and I was wondering if anyone on here was runnin gas or knew of anyone runnin it?? I'm not real sure on how a diesel handles it compaired to the cobra I used to have and wanted more info and imput on it before gettin into it and everything. I already have an intake a full exhaust and custom tuned sct from innovative and have my truck in the shop now gettin somethin fixed and havin then put head studs in to while it's in there. I do race this truck and just wantin a poweradder like nitrous or propane but just don't know a whole lot about it though. I'm also planning on gettin a fass fuel system and a powermax turbo here soon as well along with water/meth.

#9 ·
The only difference really between your cobra and your diesel now is most gas cars run a wet kit and diesels use a dry kit. We just overfuel like crazy to get our power, so all we need is more air. Nitrous is cheaper than adding large turbos too! It WILL increase cylinder temps though, but will not seem that way since EGT's will drop. Just something to think about. A lot of guys use it on stock injector tuned trucks. Eric from Innovative has tunes for it too, I believe they just back the timing off a bit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.