Vivian @ Quick Tricks Looney Tune Review - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2011, 12:50 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Vivian @ Quick Tricks Looney Tune Review

I have wanted a tune for my 2006 F250 for some time. I have been reading thread after thread on here and other forums. From Eric @ Innovative and Matt's SRL I decided to go with Vivian's Looney, formally known as DJ's Looney. I was looking for something that I could use as a daily driver to work and school. Something that would give me more power, but also better MPGs and crisper shifts. I bought my SCT X3 tuner from a member on here and received it yesterday around 2:00. Emailed Vivian with all my trucks info, tuner serial number, and strategy, told her what I was looking for, sent her an $50 E-Check via PayPal, and I had my custom Looney tune that night at 6:00. I worked that night from 4-11 and had complete communicate with her via email over my iPhone. Felt like I was texting her. When I got home I loaded the tune to my tuner and put it on my truck. This morning I took it for a spin. Cranked right up cold with no problems and no smoke. Let it warm up for 5 mins and cruised until I hit operating temperature. Instantly I could tell a night and day difference. Just driving easy I had better response and noticeably more low end power and less lag. Transmission shifted crisp and at the perfect times. When it was time to get on it she didn't disappoint. I punched it from a dead stop and a big cloud of smoke poured out of my 6" RBP stainless tip. Right as the turbo spooled up the smoke went to a light haze and man did it haul a$$. My 34" BFGs were trying desperately to grab the pavement. Shifts were perfect and right at 4,000rpm. The sound was amazing too. My 5" straight pipe never sounded so good. I've never had it dynoed stock so I can't give any power gains. I will also compare MPG to what I had hand calculated stock with my driving habits. All I can say it hats off to Vivian @ Quick Tricks and her Looney Tune. Best customer service out there no doubt. Thought this might help some of you guys out when choosing your next Custom Tune for your 6.0.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2011, 01:14 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
That is good you have had a good experience. Chalk up another one to Vivian for excellent customer service.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ditto
i have the looney for two weeks now. Vivian is by far the best person ive dealt with as far as customer service in any field. i think the tunes are close to the same no matter who you get them from so basically their main competition is in service. she beats em all there. Have fun with the looney tune.....i am
Old 08-13-2011, 05:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Vivian is the best. I've bought several things from her and she's always been great to deal with. Now, throw in some head studs, pull up your panties and try out the Looney Wild! Holy crap, it is wonderful. Be prepared for a new tire purchase though.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:46 AM

Awesome!

Is the Looney Tune recommended for trucks without head studs or EGR/Cooler delete?

Can't wait to see your MPG gains.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:58 AM
Jersey Strokers Director

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to Aronda1125
Quote:
Originally Posted by gottabadf250 View Post
Awesome!

Is the Looney Tune recommended for trucks without head studs or EGR/Cooler delete?

Can't wait to see your MPG gains.
I've been running the Looney tune every day for over 2 yrs. on my truck w/ no studs. I just did the EGR delete about 6 mos. ago. I never had any probs.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:08 AM

Only bad thing i got to say about the tune is...................

be very careful with your right foot on wet roads....... :-)
Old 08-15-2011, 09:19 AM

+1 for Vivian's tunes! The looney tune is an all around great tune. Shifts aren't to hard, excellent mpg (if you can keep your foot off the skinny pedal), and egt's are under control. You've got to make it work to reach high temps.

Now the looney wild tune...thats a whole nother beast. Best power and overall feel in any tune I've ran yet. The only problem is MY TIRES ARE CRYING!!!
Old 08-15-2011, 05:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

The Wild does get hot with a quickness but the power is amazing.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:54 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I smoked a 71 Challenger very handily with Looney!!!

I like Looney as a daily driver with great power and driveability, around town and on the highway. Matts SRL+ feels faster than Looney but always wants to go fast, it is hard to keep it from down shifting after just over 1/2 throttle. So for normal road manners Looney wins hands down! Go Fast goes to SRL+. I should really compare Looney Wild to SRL+ but that is just what I have right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.