Fuel Spring Information - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2011, 05:39 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fuel Spring Information

I have an 06 6.0 and i am about to order an upgraded fuel spring and i am wondering if i should feel safe doing so without a fuel pressure gauge. Im on a very tight budget and have cam a long way on bullet proofing my truck with the exception of the fuel regulator spring. Any information would be very helpful, thanks. Oh btw i was wondering if ordering from tousley would save me enough money to make it worth it vs the local dealer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2011, 06:05 PM
information regurgitator

The updated fuel pressure regulator spring is a FORD part. If it was an aftermarket piece, I would say to get a fuel pressure gauge first. The spring will raise your idle fuel pressure to 70-71psi, and over a few weeks this will fall to about 68psi or so. Nothing to be concerned over.

Tousley sells the kit for 10% over cost, which comes out to $51.70 for part number 3C3Z-9T517-AG.
There is another part number that is cheaper. The reason why is because this kit does not come with the regulator cover. This kit runs right around $38 or so. The part number is 6E7Z-9C165-B.

Both kits have all the parts you need.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:35 PM

You can also check an international dealer if there is one close to you they sell them for around $25 and its the same kit and i believe its the one without the regulator cover
Old 08-11-2011, 07:07 PM

Thanks guys, great info, i called tousley earlier today and the man told me 58 dollars for part number 6E7Z-9C165-B. I called my local international dealer a couple days ago and the joker told me he didnt have it in stock so i would have to call the ford dealer! very poor service!
Old 08-11-2011, 07:18 PM
information regurgitator

Helpful hint when dealing with the International Dealerships: You have an International VT365, and NEVER mention the word "FORD."
Mention the "F" word at International, and they clam up and some actually refuse to sell you anything.

The kit without the regulator cover (6E7Z-9C165-B) is supposed to be cheaper than the 3C3Z-9T517-AG kit.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:01 PM

Thanks, that did the trick. Spring is on the way from international!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.