Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Fuel Spring Information

920 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Paul04_619 
#1 ·
I have an 06 6.0 and i am about to order an upgraded fuel spring and i am wondering if i should feel safe doing so without a fuel pressure gauge. Im on a very tight budget and have cam a long way on bullet proofing my truck with the exception of the fuel regulator spring. Any information would be very helpful, thanks. Oh btw i was wondering if ordering from tousley would save me enough money to make it worth it vs the local dealer.

#2 ·
The updated fuel pressure regulator spring is a FORD part. If it was an aftermarket piece, I would say to get a fuel pressure gauge first. The spring will raise your idle fuel pressure to 70-71psi, and over a few weeks this will fall to about 68psi or so. Nothing to be concerned over.

Tousley sells the kit for 10% over cost, which comes out to $51.70 for part number 3C3Z-9T517-AG.
There is another part number that is cheaper. The reason why is because this kit does not come with the regulator cover. This kit runs right around $38 or so. The part number is 6E7Z-9C165-B.

Both kits have all the parts you need.

#3 ·
You can also check an international dealer if there is one close to you they sell them for around $25 and its the same kit and i believe its the one without the regulator cover

#4 ·
Thanks guys, great info, i called tousley earlier today and the man told me 58 dollars for part number 6E7Z-9C165-B. I called my local international dealer a couple days ago and the joker told me he didnt have it in stock so i would have to call the ford dealer! very poor service!

#5 ·
Helpful hint when dealing with the International Dealerships: You have an International VT365, and NEVER mention the word "FORD."
Mention the "F" word at International, and they clam up and some actually refuse to sell you anything.

The kit without the regulator cover (6E7Z-9C165-B) is supposed to be cheaper than the 3C3Z-9T517-AG kit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.