Best SCT custom tunes - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2011, 07:35 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Best SCT custom tunes

Who offers the best most comprehensive custom tunes for the SCT?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2011, 07:58 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
dude, use the search feature, it works real well on this site.... Opinions are like a$*h#@es, everybody's got one.

If you want to know which ones are best, i would take note of people who have ran more then one brand, and also look at companies that are running trucks on dyno's continually and updating product, out there doing tuning events and such.

All I have ever run is tow tunes. Ive had many variations from innovative D, and now I have a couple from DP tuner. DPs are better. Jodi, owner of DP, has a forum on here, and a direct number, either case you can call him anytime, I like that. He also does dyno tuning with customers across the country all the time. Both ID and DP are reputable companies with great product. Reliability and longevity are the highest on my priority list, and they build good tunes to accommodate.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:21 AM

you also have to realize that a tune may run great on one truck and put it on another truck and it doesnt do as well . In my opinion innovative diesel is top notch and makes "my" truck run fantastic . your only real option is to try different tunes from different tuners and find out which one agrees with your truck and strategy the best . Its gonna cost you a couple bucks but will be worth every penny in the end .
Old 04-02-2011, 08:22 AM
back to business

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetjock15 View Post
dude, use the search feature, it works real well on this site....
The search function on this site is HORRIBLE!! Search "SCT" or "custom tuing" or "SCT tuners" ect......... See how many pages you have to go through before finding a relevant thread

To the OP; For 6.0 tuning, I'd suggest Innovative, Quick tricks or Gearhead.... in no particular order. Good luck
Old 04-02-2011, 09:01 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Matt at Gearhead's SRL tune runs the best in my truck, and I have ran comparable tunes from Spartan, Innovative, and Quick Tricks.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07OUTLAW View Post
The search function on this site is HORRIBLE!! Search "SCT" or "custom tuing" or "SCT tuners" ect......... See how many pages you have to go through before finding a relevant thread

To the OP; For 6.0 tuning, I'd suggest Innovative, Quick tricks or Gearhead.... in no particular order. Good luck

this site actually has an internal search feature is all I meant, and it works fine for me. Other forums usually have a "google" search link, but not their own. Often, to find what your looking for, you need to go into "advanced options" and select "title only". Then you wont get the 1000s of posts with your search keywords in the standard text. Seems to work real well for me.

Rob
Old 04-02-2011, 10:38 AM

in fact, let me be more helpful, Phil97svt, hit search, put in "SCT tunes", select drop down "search titles only", then go to what forum, select "6.0 Performance discussion" and then hit search... it brought up a list of exactly the info you are looking for.... the search seems to work outstanding, not sure what 07OUTLAW is comparing it to, but seems to work real well compared to others I have used.
Old 04-02-2011, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetjock15 View Post
dude, use the search feature, it works real well on this site.... Opinions are like a$*h#@es, everybody's got one.

If you want to know which ones are best, i would take note of people who have ran more then one brand, and also look at companies that are running trucks on dyno's continually and updating product, out there doing tuning events and such.

All I have ever run is tow tunes. Ive had many variations from innovative D, and now I have a couple from DP tuner. DPs are better. Jodi, owner of DP, has a forum on here, and a direct number, either case you can call him anytime, I like that. He also does dyno tuning with customers across the country all the time. Both ID and DP are reputable companies with great product. Reliability and longevity are the highest on my priority list, and they build good tunes to accommodate.
Stop being a douche. I used the search feature and I couldnt find the answer. From having tuned over 200 LS series motors and hearing stories about other tuners I know there is a difference in tunes. I pride myself in the work I do and looking for someone who does the same. If you ask who is the best tuner over on the ls stuff, you will have 2-3 guys that are very highly recommended and a bunch of average guys.

I'm not looking for a tune file, I am looking for the best tuner.
Old 04-02-2011, 12:49 PM

Thanks for all the replies.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

I've run some of the Spartan tunes and didn't like em'. I didn't like the SCT canned tunes either. I like my Innovative D Tow tunes, but for everyday driving the Looney can't be beat on my truck. Vivian was great to deal with also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.