Originally Posted by caissiel
I am like everyone here curious about all the hip about the reflash by Ford.
Last night while in conversation with a 6.4L Ford owner a flash came to my mind and I just had to put it in writing.
I would like to see what everyone feels about my theory because Ford still will not admit the falty Coolant for the 6.0L
Something to think about when Ford finds a way to reprogram the 6.0L.
1. Most important Reason, is to give more value to the 2011
2. When trading in the 2008/2010 resale value will be higher
3. The 6.4 Ford Diesel wil now be better then the 6.0L
4. To protect the EGR Cooler by feeding more cooling fuel
5. Will never admit the coolant problem program to solve the problem.
Now my reasons for each
1. Because Ford is selling the 2011 at a greater rate then the other 2 makers, there will be a lot of trade ins. The 2011 is much better then the 6.4L and they are now not interested in the 6.0L. The 6.0's are also more then 4 years old now.
2. Since they have already lost all the reputation on all the 6.0L, they have noting to loose by making the 6.0L a fuel guzzler like the 6.4 has been for 3 years. Now the 6.4L will have the same fuel efficiency as the 6.0L and therefore will be able to be resold from the dealers lots. With the reprogramming we are left out as efficient trucks as they were reputed for. Therefore we need to use a programer to increase the fuel mileage and we can beet the Ford at their game. I can get very good mileage with my present programer and recommend it to all my friends.
3. With the new fuel thirsty 6.0L, the 6.4L trucks now look very attractive to be bought as used diesels.
4. Its a well known fact that an excess of fuel will cool down any engine, be it gas or diesels. So Ford has noting to loose by enriching the fuel flow and therefore cooling down the exhaust when allowed to increased EGT. Cooler EGR will protect the cooler and the coolant that has been the reason for so many related failures.
5. Ford can not admit to the coolant problem because they fought with IH about warranty costs and the lack of proper training the technicians. Now we have solved or found the solution they have done a quiet modification to the programing that will possibly protect the Gold junk. They have really noting to loose by doing the flash because it really is to late for admission and they would loose big by admitting to the wrong choice of coolant.
1 - 6l are still underwarranty they will try to protect the engine to reduce repair costs. does not matter wether its a 6l, 6.4 or 6.7. if an update can achieve this it will be done. you need to learn the benifit of the cal update vs an aftermarket company trying to sell you a ford program.
2 - programming will not make them guzzle fuel. unlike aftermarket chip companies ford has to meet emmisions when they come out with a program. Do you see ford stock calibrations rolling coal? no. how do they get milage with a chip? increase timing, which increase nox, pops head gaskets, etc.
3 - people buy what they can afford, dealerships only want used vehilces that still have a warranty left. more 6.4's have warranty then 6l's due to age/milage.
4 -dumping more fuel on a diesel increased egts, not lower. if anything ford is cuting back fuel and tweaking timing to reduce coking. cycling turbo, stoping egr flow durring prolonged idle, etc.
5 - follow your maintenace by flushing coolant at recommended intervals and you will not have a problem. never flush and never monitor it and you will have problems. Do you drain your water seperator weekly? monthly? yearly? whats a water seperator? do you change your oil? ever flush your brake fluid? power steering fluid?