Compression Ignition Addict
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I am like everyone here curious about all the hip about the reflash by Ford.
Last night while in conversation with a 6.4L Ford owner a flash came to my mind and I just had to put it in writing.
I would like to see what everyone feels about my theory because Ford still will not admit the falty Coolant for the 6.0L
Something to think about when Ford finds a way to reprogram the 6.0L.
1. Most important Reason, is to give more value to the 2011
2. When trading in the 2008/2010 resale value will be higher
3. The 6.4 Ford Diesel wil now be better then the 6.0L
4. To protect the EGR Cooler by feeding more cooling fuel
5. Will never admit the coolant problem program to solve the problem.
Now my reasons for each
1. Because Ford is selling the 2011 at a greater rate then the other 2 makers, there will be a lot of trade ins. The 2011 is much better then the 6.4L and they are now not interested in the 6.0L. The 6.0's are also more then 4 years old now.
2. Since they have already lost all the reputation on all the 6.0L, they have noting to loose by making the 6.0L a fuel guzzler like the 6.4 has been for 3 years. Now the 6.4L will have the same fuel efficiency as the 6.0L and therefore will be able to be resold from the dealers lots. With the reprogramming we are left out as efficient trucks as they were reputed for. Therefore we need to use a programer to increase the fuel mileage and we can beet the Ford at their game. I can get very good mileage with my present programer and recommend it to all my friends.
3. With the new fuel thirsty 6.0L, the 6.4L trucks now look very attractive to be bought as used diesels.
4. Its a well known fact that an excess of fuel will cool down any engine, be it gas or diesels. So Ford has noting to loose by enriching the fuel flow and therefore cooling down the exhaust when allowed to increased EGT. Cooler EGR will protect the cooler and the coolant that has been the reason for so many related failures.
5. Ford can not admit to the coolant problem because they fought with IH about warranty costs and the lack of proper training the technicians. Now we have solved or found the solution they have done a quiet modification to the programing that will possibly protect the Gold junk. They have really noting to loose by doing the flash because it really is to late for admission and they would loose big by admitting to the wrong choice of coolant.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2005, 6.0L, 6 Spd Std, 3.73 Rear End, F250SD, Extended Cab, 4 x 4 Long Bed. 2008 extension mirrors. GPS/TV/DVD/CD/Rear Cam/Radio installed, Max Energy programer by Hypertech, and Fuel Pressure Gauge. ScanGaugeII for 60 plus XGauges, and MPG. ELC Cat EC-1 Coolant, Pull a 39ft 15500Lbs 5th Wheel Camper Trailer. Mileage Avg is 20MPG, and pulling 12.6MPG.