Best Monitor or Electronic Guage System - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2011, 07:30 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Best Monitor or Electronic Guage System

Looking to pickup some form of Guage system or Monitor. I love the looks of the A pillar with a few guages on it but for now, Im just going to try & get some electronic guage system that might allow me to monitor more paramaters than I can fit on my pillar (or afford!). I've looked into the Edge Insight which I love the looks of, but dont want to spend the money on right now. Yesterday I found someone selling a used Edge Juice with Attitude (the older style I guess, just a little screen that shows 4 numbers) for 250.00. I really dont care about the Juice or trying to get a ton of power out of my truck. I've just picked it up with over 170000 & mainly just want to monitor some important things. I would be happy gaining a little power during towing & overall MPG gain. But that would also give me all of the guages I need & maybe gain me a little more power & MPG while running, but I dont want to tear up my autotranny. Also looked at the Scanguageii which looks like it can get me everything I need with the added xguages. Is there something else out there I should consider for a quick & simple electronic guage monitoring system? I know I would like to be able to monitor my oil & coolant temp (see if Im having any oil cooler clog problems) FICM, EGT, Tranny temp & Im sure other things. Thanks for the help. Look forward to many future upgrades, once I can see what is going on inside my trucks brain!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2011, 08:42 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javahead View Post
Looking to pickup some form of Guage system or Monitor. I love the looks of the A pillar with a few guages on it but for now, Im just going to try & get some electronic guage system that might allow me to monitor more paramaters than I can fit on my pillar (or afford!). I've looked into the Edge Insight which I love the looks of, but dont want to spend the money on right now. Yesterday I found someone selling a used Edge Juice with Attitude (the older style I guess, just a little screen that shows 4 numbers) for 250.00. I really dont care about the Juice or trying to get a ton of power out of my truck. I've just picked it up with over 170000 & mainly just want to monitor some important things. I would be happy gaining a little power during towing & overall MPG gain. But that would also give me all of the guages I need & maybe gain me a little more power & MPG while running, but I dont want to tear up my autotranny. Also looked at the Scanguageii which looks like it can get me everything I need with the added xguages. Is there something else out there I should consider for a quick & simple electronic guage monitoring system? I know I would like to be able to monitor my oil & coolant temp (see if Im having any oil cooler clog problems) FICM, EGT, Tranny temp & Im sure other things. Thanks for the help. Look forward to many future upgrades, once I can see what is going on inside my trucks brain!
A lot of guys use this they say it works great for the money
Amazon.com: ScanGauge II 3-in-1 Compact Multifunction Vehicle Computer with Customizable Display: Automotive Amazon.com: ScanGauge II 3-in-1 Compact Multifunction Vehicle Computer with Customizable Display: Automotive
2 stroker
Old 03-29-2011, 04:25 PM

I agree with 2 Stroker
Been using it for the past 4 years and it pays for itself very fast.
Absolutely required for all 6.0L Ford IMO.
Just need to add Fuel Pressure Gauge and EGT Gauge because the Ford system do not have any sensors giving those readings.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:53 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I just got a Edge CTS and I love it. I to like the look of traditional gauges, but when it comes to the variety of things you can monitor, at once, the scangauge or cts/cs is the best choice. It would cost way more to monitor everything you can with a monitor.

Here is a pic of mine.

Old 03-29-2011, 07:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I use the ScanGauge II and love it. A little plain looking, but gets the job done with the exception of EGT's.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
i recommend this: Edge Inisight CTS
Old 03-29-2011, 08:15 PM

I have been looking at many Forums and read them all the time.
Every situations about members problems, I can imagine they could find the answer if they only bought a ScangaugeII, and if they knew what they had before spending $$$$ on their trucks.

I use mine mostly to protect my investment before I hurt my truck.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Edge Insight CTS or Edge Insight CS are what I recommend.

Last edited by DSTRBD; 10-27-2011 at 09:12 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.