egr delete & banjo bolt ??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2011, 04:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
egr delete & banjo bolt ???

so my 05 is showing signs of egr & oil cooler issues, i ordered an egr delete kit and factory oil cooler online and a fuel spring upgrade kit and banjo bolts and washers from my local dealer, here is where the questions come in , the dealer sent me 4 2" x 3/4" steel bushings for who knows what instead of the 4 crush washers , and the egr delete kit showed up tonight missing the blue hose and the actual egr valve block off plate along with all the hardware not really concerned with nuts and bolts ive got plenty of those . thats my luck ! i have tomorrow off to do the project and want to do as much as i can, so does anyone know if i can use a copper crush washer like the ones on the 6.0 banjo bolts ( maybe reuse the 6.0 crush washers?) or do i have to use the ones that are supposed to come from ford ( correct me if im wrong part # w303659 ?)....... question #2 for the blue "heater hose" is there a reason i cant use heater hose right off the shelf at the part store?...... question #3 im sure there was a mistake and the company will send the block off plate for the egr valve / hole , in the mean time any reason why i cant install everything else and leave the egr valve in just unplug it ? or just make my own block off plate for now? still want to do what i can tomorrow so i can get this back on the road and i know someone here has these answers. thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2011, 05:23 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
When I drilled my banjos out I used my old crush washers no problem. As far as the coolant hose just go to the auto store and get a piece and some hose clamps, that's what my kit came with. Once the kit is installed the valve should not be able to drop all the way into place so you might have to make something for the meantime. Keep the EGR valve plugged in an zip-tie to the alternator or somethin, it will throw a low circuit code if unplugged.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

cool thanks , i figured as much but wanted to hear it from someone who has done it , i have heater hose kicking around the shop somewhere , and i think i have an exhaust flange i can weld a plug in thats about the right size to block the egr port. i really dont care about the light if it stays on i will have some custom tunes for the sct soon anyhow and that will take care of the light if it comes on
Old 03-24-2011, 05:52 PM

You will get 2 codes I believe, one for low EGR flow since its deleted and one if the valve is unplugged. Custom tunes will take care of the low EGR flow code but I don't think there is any way of getting around leaving the valve plugged in. Maybe someone can chime in but I believe the circuit has to be completed or else the truck will act funny. Ive looked around for a dummy plug but had no luck.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

its done! did the egr delete , new oil cooler, banjo bolts , fuel pressure spring kit, 6 hours later 2 of which i spent fighting with the turbo trying to line it back up with the y- pipe and get the bolts in the mount . its together but still has a small leak at the y-pipe to turbo band clamp gonna try to fix that tomorrow. does anyone have a trick to line everything back up ? it seems like the y-pipe is off about a 1/4 inch from the turbo inlet
Old 03-25-2011, 05:10 PM

Just keep messin' with it, tighten things up gradually, it'll come in there!
Old 03-25-2011, 05:42 PM
Serving Our Country!

if i saw this sooner i would have advised installing the upgraded stc fitting while you had it apart. its a know high fail part on the hpop that is easy to access while you have it torn down that far.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:22 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

i think it was done befor i got it, the oil cooler i pulled out is not factory , i was bummed but i had already bought one and thought id do it while i was there some other stuff has been swapped too by previous owner
Old 03-26-2011, 10:04 AM

Did a CEL pop up?
Old 03-26-2011, 01:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

i tried to run with egr unplugged and light did come on , other than that no . right now i am running with egr in and plugged in and no light.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.