Oil Bypass filteration!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2011, 07:14 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Oil Bypass filteration!!

Being a diesel tech Im starting to see more and more oil bypass kits ,I have read there claim and they have some good facts, one being of the weaknesses of 6.0 is all the heat the engine creates .I was wondering what kind of resultes you all have had with these kits if any at all! They claim that it reduce all engine oil heat and reduce headgasket and injector failures,if this is really true than its a great product .But iwould really like some input from all the great people here on the org...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2011, 08:20 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
If you're a diesel tech then you should understand the advantage of oil filtered to 1 or 2 microns vs 20 microns where our oil fired injectors are concerned. Need I say more.
Old 03-16-2011, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGreenSVT View Post
If you're a diesel tech then you should understand the advantage of oil filtered to 1 or 2 microns vs 20 microns where our oil fired injectors are concerned. Need I say more.
Well frist of all I understand how it works and what it does.......I was wanting input of people who has installed them .If they have any issues with leaks or anything ! But thanks for the reply from the peanut gallery.....I guess!
Old 03-16-2011, 06:15 AM

I am glad I put mine to gether instead of paying $200+ for a kit, it only cost me ~$130 to build my system.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:40 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokersteve View Post
I am glad I put mine to gether instead of paying $200+ for a kit, it only cost me ~$130 to build my system.
did u get the billet filter and fill caps or did u plumb it some other way? because i was looking to build my own and just the billet caps are around 120 bucks.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:45 AM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I plumbed my own and didn't buy the caps yet, just to get me going(direct into oil pressure port). If you search long enough you may be able to find the caps cheap.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:51 AM

I got the NUC oil filter mount on ebay for ~$20 and the NUC oil filter cap from NUC for ~$65.

I mounted the amsoil filter in the passengers bumper in front of the wheel. I did not want to cram the engine compartment. I already have a coolant filter in there.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokersteve View Post
I got the NUC oil filter mount on ebay for ~$20 and the NUC oil filter cap from NUC for ~$65.

I mounted the amsoil filter in the passengers bumper in front of the wheel. I did not want to cram the engine compartment. I already have a coolant filter in there.
Know see thats what im talking about ....thanks for sharing that ....
Old 03-17-2011, 05:03 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I installed the amsoil kit about a year ago. The kit worked out great and was very easy to install. I installed it behind the grille. The coolant filter and oil by-pass won't fit in the same area. No leaks, just did an oil change this week and everything was very easy to manage. In the 6.0, the answer to most of the problems is a coolant and oil by-pass filtration. But its not cheap!!
Old 03-17-2011, 07:34 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Errick NDA View Post
Well frist of all I understand how it works and what it does.......I was wanting input of people who has installed them .If they have any issues with leaks or anything ! But thanks for the reply from the peanut gallery.....I guess!

Uh ok. Yes I have a Gulf Coast bypass filter designed for semi's. It was a bear to mount due to its size. It does a great job filtering. If installed correctly there is no reason for it to leak.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.