Injectors?????? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2011, 11:14 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Injectors??????

I just bought my first diesel pickup its a 2004 ford f 250 4x4 lariat with 120,000 miles with the 6.0 and soon i will be havin ford install the 6.0 solution kit on it and since its gonna need 4 injectors soon i was gonna get all 8 of em. I am wanting to get some hot rod injectors for it but i dont really know much about what is out there for the 6.0 i want to get the highest quality i can so i wont have to worry about them failing. Any advice or comments are welcome thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2011, 12:46 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

How do you know that 4 injectors are toast? They should go for a long time. The 3 reasons why you may have inj problems are low fuel supply, stiction(grime build up) and a poor FICM(fuel injection control module).

You can buy an updated regulator kit between $20 and $70 depending on if it is international or ford part numbers and where you get it.

For stiction buy a bottle of rev-x and put it in the oil. search it on google.

check your FICM voltage, search on google.
Old 03-12-2011, 03:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Injectors????

The guy that had it before me said that he took the truck to a local garage and they plugged it in and did some kind of inspection on it and they told him that four injectors were weak and gonna go bad soon. Also what the truck does when it is cold out its pretty rough starting i let it warm up for about ten to fifteen minutes before i leave and when i take off there is a slight hesitation at first but when u drive for a while it goes away?
Old 03-12-2011, 07:41 PM

What kind of oil do you use?

Before you pump your wallet for the inj replacement. Try the rev-x first, if that works then that is MUCH cheaper than just one inj by its self.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:23 AM

Also leave it at the place your gonna have the injectors changed over night. Or when the truck hasnt been started for 8hrs or so. Then have them plug it, thats when you will get a more accurate reading. At least thats from a buddy of mine told me that is a Master diesel mech from ford. Your right a rough start is a good sign. I dont know if the after market ones are any better unless your wanting more flow. What kind of guarantee do the others have? fords are 12 months and 10k or like 12k on the milage. An injector from ford are around 300 dollars each so I would make sure all 4 are bad and you might save some money to stick somewhere else. Like my truck???
Old 03-13-2011, 05:15 PM

You can also call the different international dealers near you and see how much they charge for a "VT365" injector.

ford inj
$179
Diesel Care Inc
2004-06 Ford F Series 6.0L Diesel Fuel Injector OEM Fuel Injectors, Diesel Fuel Injectors
Results for Diesel Injectors:Ford

$189
KT Performance

$199
04.5-06 Ford 6.0L Powerstroke Injector (DT4C3Z-9E527) - Rochester Fuel Injection
Old 03-14-2011, 04:36 PM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
If you deside on Inj's..we sell Full Force..built on new Inj's not old cores..PM me if I can help. 18 month warranty

Cary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.