Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

stock or modified?

3K views 45 replies 14 participants last post by  06powerstroke06 
#1 ·
I didn't really know where to post this but its to do with performance 6.0s so here it goes.

I might be getting a highly modified 6.0 one of 3 i believe type of deal. I plan to swap everything out and put it all on my truck. question is what do you guys think about swapping my set up on the the other truck and selling it as a 550hp truck or return it to stock and sell it as a stock truck?

It will have custom traction bars, fuel system, studs and egr delete, aftermarket air filter, 4x4 lowered. so it will already set up for the power but do you guys think it will sell better or bring more money that way? would you guys rather buy a built truck or stock one? :dunno:

#2 ·
As you well know, you won't get squat for the aftermarket goodies except to someone who knows what they are worth... Sell it as stock and keep the aftermarket goodies and sell the ones where you have duplicates for a bit more spending cash.

#3 ·
I agree with Shawn:thumb:

#5 ·
A 6.0 scares people away in stock form and go fast parts on it won't help in the reliability department... :hehe:

Sell it as stock; swap the aftermarket parts for stock parts plus some cash and you will be MUCH farther ahead.

#9 ·
what ^^^ said

#10 ·
I'd put ll the parts on the lowered 4X4, and sell yours. It'd be faster. :evillol:

#15 ·
So let me see if I got this right...

You're buying, or taking possession of a highly modded 6.0, packaged in a lowered 4x4 ex. cab... Fuel system, trac. bars, etc. and you want to swap all the goods in to your truck and sell off the new one? I'd have to see pics but I'd be tempted to sell yours and keep the built one. What's the difference between the lariat and XLT? Just the interior and wheels which can be swapped a lot easier than a motor and trans.

#16 ·
I still might keep it and sell mine im really not sure.

Im not swamping the motor just the extremal mods. My truck has everything that his truck has and I really like my truck :hehe:

I wish I could keep both but my thats not going to happen. I will make me decision when I get them both I guess.

#24 ·
Wow, you sure are particular about what style and color of truck you like, aren't you? :D It doesn't look exactly lowered, although the wheel wells do look a bit more "stuffed".

#25 ·
Its the same truck. Its not lowered. Just no leveling kit.

#29 ·
Ill take your injectors if you wana sell them.. Pm me lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.