Everyone loves videos, Truck Source Diesel Tunes - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2011, 11:50 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Everyone loves videos, Truck Source Diesel Tunes

Finally got my tunes resent after asking Aggie over at truck source diesel to revise them for me.

This video is of the Super Panties Race tune with the vanes opened at idle. I think it sounds awesome, but i don't know why my turbo still likes to spool up, it must be in the strategy or something

Let me know what ya think
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2011, 12:14 PM
Emergency Services

Sounds good man. Can't beat the turbo sound that's why when I originally built my mustang about 8 years ago I went outside the supercharger mold and put one on it. That whistle is almost as great as the "put you in your seat" feel when you're driving. How do the tunes feel?
Old 02-28-2011, 12:32 PM
Don't you worry about it

My brother-in-law used to have the baddest looking/sounding 6.0
I've ever heard. It was 2 tone black/gold with the chrome package and 20'' wheels. He had MBRP 4'' (I think) and I want to say a dual air intake for some reason but I dont know how you would accomplish that. Other than that it was stock. It had an amazing deep rumble to it. The turbo sound on 6.0 is like an angel singing in heaven.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:39 PM

Hay!!! I like that idea of the vgt duty %. I actually do not like how the turbo will boost a bit when the engine is cold to warm it up faster. It is just too loud in the morning for me.

Thank you!!
Old 02-28-2011, 12:46 PM

yeah it sounds great, i also hate how the turbo spools up to keep the truck warm, mine still does it ike you can tell in the videos, however my truck at operating temp is only 174 since i need a thermostat... maybe if i replace it it wont boost the turbo up like its doing right now.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizza pig View Post
yeah it sounds great, i also hate how the turbo spools up to keep the truck warm, mine still does it ike you can tell in the videos, however my truck at operating temp is only 174 since i need a thermostat... maybe if i replace it it wont boost the turbo up like its doing right now.
If you have gauges, block part of your radiator to bump your temps up. I do this when I go to the snow ~ once every 3 weeks to my cabin.

You can also put some thin spacers in your thermostat to bump the temp up if you have something small enough.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:54 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
That is the best sounding 6.0 i've heard at idle..Sounds like a diesel and not just pushing air out sound most sound like...Is that because the veins are open?
Old 02-28-2011, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizza pig View Post
What kind of numbers does that tune produce? How is the shifting and torque converter lockup? Does it clean the smoke up well? How does it compare to any other tunes you have ran?
Old 02-28-2011, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokersteve View Post
If you have gauges, block part of your radiator to bump your temps up. I do this when I go to the snow ~ once every 3 weeks to my cabin.

You can also put some thin spacers in your thermostat to bump the temp up if you have something small enough.
I do have gauges, im going to do that this weekend when i get some time to see if it even helps. Il probably just replace the thermostat its easier, i know i need to do it anyways. its only $25 bucks, just no time to do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmudrat View Post
That is the best sounding 6.0 i've heard at idle..Sounds like a diesel and not just pushing air out sound most sound like...Is that because the veins are open?
Thanks man, i love it, and yes because the vanes are opened all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3brorce View Post
What kind of numbers does that tune produce? How is the shifting and torque converter lockup? Does it clean the smoke up well? How does it compare to any other tunes you have ran?

Numbers, i don't know, i haven't dynoed it. It seems power wise similar to my looney wild, the converter locks up the second you hit 46mph in regular diving, shifting is nice and firm... i cant tell you about convert lock under WOT because its been so wet here lately the tires just spin.

As far as cleaning up the smoke, it cleans it up really well, my looney wild is smokier, This really isn't a big concern to me either way since these trucks with stock injectors don't really put out to much smoke.

Im going to try extreme street and SRl next to compare..

Last edited by pizza pig; 02-28-2011 at 01:19 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:43 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Sounds good man. Needs some more whislte to it though. Maybe a Powermax.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.