Some one want to make a tune tonight? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2011, 05:21 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Some one want to make a tune tonight?

I just got my SCT X3 in the mail today. The place I bought it from said that they would make my 3 tunes for it today, but things came up and now they say that they can't get to it until monday. I'm going out of town tomorrow morning, and feel worse than a kid before christmas. I have my new toy and I can't even play with it. All I'm looking for is a single custom tune that I can play with this weekend, and also compare it to the tunes I will get on monday or tuesday. I'm new to the SCT so I am unfamiliar with the names of tunes, but I have heard people throw luney tunes around a lot and would maybee like to try it. I am open to suggestions.
Heres what I got'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
2006 F-250 FX4
6" Fabtech Lift
325/65/18 Nitto Terra Grappler Tires
Banks 4" Monster Exaust System (still have a cat)
Stock intake system
EGR, Boost, and Trans gauges
Still on stock Head Gaskets and studs
I have the strategy info
I have the Serial number for the SCT X3
I have the funds (paypal or mastercard) too!
If anyone could help me I would be forever in your debt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2011, 05:35 PM
Premium Member

Index of /~amon/tunes
Old 02-25-2011, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capcalvin View Post
Which would you reccomend for my truck with the mods I have?

The mild street economy
or
The aggressive street economy
Old 02-25-2011, 05:48 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Your stuck using the free Spartan tunes or waiting till Monday. The custom tunes are vin locked to each device, so you can't share tunes. It's a way for the tune writers to prevent from people sharing tunes.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:49 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

depends what youre looking for, a lot of people like the hybrid race, but i would ditch that cat its going to keep your egts high no matter what tune your run.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:53 PM

The free spartan tunes will have to do until monday. I guess it will give me the chance to see the difference between a canned tune and a custom tune. Can I hollow out my cat and be ok, or should I just buy the kit to replace the cat?
Old 02-25-2011, 05:58 PM
Premium Member

You'll just have to mess around with em and go with what you feel safe with. I messed with them when I was waiting for my tunes. The shifting is pretty harsh though, so take it easy.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:00 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroundt View Post
The free spartan tunes will have to do until monday. I guess it will give me the chance to see the difference between a canned tune and a custom tune. Can I hollow out my cat and be ok, or should I just buy the kit to replace the cat?
I took mine off and used a piece of pipe and a hammer and busted out the honeycomb and reinstalled it.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:01 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

if you dont mind spending just buy the delete pipe its cheap enough. And if they shift too firm for you decrease all the shift pressures by 5% that greatly helps it.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

You say you have stock gaskets and studs.... do you mean ARP studs or the stock TTY bolts? If you're not studded I would stick to the milder tunes. Regardless of what you may hear, you don't have to run the highest RWHP tune available to have fun. I've got the Livewire and even on the 65hp tow tune with firmer shifts and torque converter locked in 1-2-3, the truck will haul. Now when I load up the custom Looney Tune from Vivian, the truck becomes a mustang killing rocket. As previously stated you should use your time this weekend killing the kitty and order some 6.4l banjo bolts. The reason for the 6.4l banjo bolts is that on some of the higher hp tunes your stock bolts with the check valves can starve your rear injectors for fuel and over time kill them. I'd also go ahead and do the fuel pressure spring upgrade. Get a fuel pressure gauge sometime soon, so you can monitor the pressure, but for now, if you want the most from your tunes do the banjo bolt upgrade and fuel pressure spring upgrade. BTW, you may hate waiting till' Monday for tunes, but the custom tunes blow the canned crap away. Get the truck ready with a couple simple upgrades and you'll be smokin' the sports cars in no time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.