Is this worth it? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2011, 01:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Is this worth it?

My 2004 6.0 already has the cooler completly removed. but the valve is still on top and has been plugged in

2003-2007 Ford 6.0L Powerstroke EGR Billet Blockoff

EGR Billet Blockoff 6.0L Powerstroke Diesel 03-07 Ford

will this benefit me in any way. I noticed my egr valve is pretty slugged up...
is there any cheaper alternatives

john
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2011, 02:37 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

If your cooler is removed then the valve is not performing any function other than keeping the light from coming on on your dash. If you pull the vlave out you will not see a differance in anything. It doesn't hurt to leave it there, spend the money on something else. Since your running the SRL tune you need the valve plugged in to keep the light off.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I gotta say that is one nice looking piece of billit. I'd like to hear their reasoning for designing it to "fill the hole".

One kind of cool thing I see about it is it appears to be ported for a boost gauge already.

But, I gotta agree with tnet69, totally unnecesary.

If you really want the valve out of there, you might look into the block off plates like those that come with most delete kits. I'm sure one of those could be had for way less $$$$. And look cleaner from the top to boot.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:01 PM
Premium Member

Agree with the other 2
Old 02-21-2011, 04:28 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetnsloppy4x View Post
I gotta say that is one nice looking piece of billit. I'd like to hear their reasoning for designing it to "fill the hole".
boot.
The idea of the spool plug is to keep coolant and exhaust gasses out of the intake when used with the factory EGR cooler. I went that direction for the EGR delete, I did a EGR cooler delete up pipe(sneaky pipe), used a blocker plate on the exhaust side of the cooler, and made a spool plug where the EGR valve goes.

This was easier for me to just remove the turbo to take out the stock up pipe, and block off the EGR cooler on both sides instead of removing the intake and EGR cooler. To each there own.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:38 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

OK. I see it now. I appreciate the explanation.

I wasn't thinking along the lines of the sneaky delete when I saw this. I like it. Added insurance when you need to go sneaky. Pull the blocker out come inspection time, drop in a live EGR valve, stick it to the man. I could really get on board with a product like this.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:04 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
All you need is something to cover the hole in the top of the intake. If the egr cooler is gone or blocked off sneaky style there is no exhaust gas entering the intake and if the sneaky was properly blocked off at both ends of the cooler even if the egr cooler were to rupture no coolant is going to get into the intake.

A simple cover cut from 1/4 aluminum like comes in most delete kits is all that is needed. You could make one at home in 1/2 hour for about $15.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.