coolent filter systems - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2011, 09:11 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to STRKTHS73
coolent filter systems

what coolent systems are you guys using on your 6.0s iv been looking into the sinister kit, but i would like to get some other opinions or thoughts and also where does the filter lines tap into? anyone have pictures of their set up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2011, 09:27 AM

Go with Bob Rileys kit from dieselsite. Best price, straight forward install and his is the original. It comes with a Baldwin filter with no SCAs which is important if you've already done yourself a favor by flushing and replacing your old coolant with ELC.

Sinisters kit has funky crimped ends on his hoses which I've had experience with before on others products where they fail and let the hose go.

I have the dieselsite kit and have no complaints. The feed side of the filter comes from your pressure heater hose which runs across the passenger side valve cover. You tee in there by the inline climate control valve and the return runs nicely over your fan shroud to a relief line going to your degas tank. The filter bracket is tricky to get the bolt started but once it's in it won't go anywhere! Real simple idea. My advice is to have a reach magnet handy and just be patient when starting the nut inside the core support. If I had pictures it would make sense to you but once you get the kit you get the idea. Also check fleabay, search for degas tanks and bypass filters and you get some alternative ideas for filter brackets.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:47 AM

I'm running the Dieselsite setup too. No complaints, and it adds some bling to the engine compartment.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:49 AM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
If you like DIY you can get a filter base from Wix and and a couple tees and hose and make your own. OR plug and play with Dieselsites.. I prefer to do it myself so I made up my own kit.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmover View Post
Go with Bob Rileys kit from dieselsite. Best price, straight forward install and his is the original. It comes with a Baldwin filter with no SCAs which is important if you've already done yourself a favor by flushing and replacing your old coolant with ELC.

Sinisters kit has funky crimped ends on his hoses which I've had experience with before on others products where they fail and let the hose go.

I have the dieselsite kit and have no complaints. The feed side of the filter comes from your pressure heater hose which runs across the passenger side valve cover. You tee in there by the inline climate control valve and the return runs nicely over your fan shroud to a relief line going to your degas tank. The filter bracket is tricky to get the bolt started but once it's in it won't go anywhere! Real simple idea. My advice is to have a reach magnet handy and just be patient when starting the nut inside the core support. If I had pictures it would make sense to you but once you get the kit you get the idea. Also check fleabay, search for degas tanks and bypass filters and you get some alternative ideas for filter brackets.

So does your transmission, your power steering, and your fuel lines! Are you really trying to say that a rinky dink hose clamp makes Dieselsite's kit a better kit? Plus with Dieselsite you have to buy the ball valves and the second filter that come in the Sinister kit.

So comparing apples to apples, Coolant filter heads, 2 ball valves, 2 spin on filters, all hoses and hardware:

Dieselsite = $156.96

Sinister = $125.

Same functionality. I don't have a horse in this race, just thought I'd point out some obvious things about each. Did somebody say FCDP?
Old 01-26-2011, 11:07 AM

Send a message via AIM to STRKTHS73
yeah i just noticed that sinisters kit comes with the ball valves and two filters which makes it a better bang for your buck plus u can always change their ends to barbs. i think im going to go with the sinister kit seems a little bit more thought out, PGreenSVT if you hadnt picked up on that comment i prob wouldnt have thanks.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:14 AM
Premium Member

Dieselsite cooolant setup is the way to go. Very easy to install good directions with photographs.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:18 PM

I just got my Sinister kit in yesterday and it seems to be of very good quality. As soon as the weather breaks I will be flushing my cooant and installing the filter kit. Most of the guys on here don't like the fact that the Sinister kit has the connectors crimped on the hoses. Also I don't think the Sinister kit has been on the market very long so you don't have many people running them where as the Dieselsite kit has been around and there is a bunch of them running there kit. Either way I think both kits will do the job it just comes down to what you want.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:37 PM

where are you guys finding the sinister kit at on there website
also i found one on dfuser is that one any good? Thanks guys

Last edited by 01redcrew; 01-26-2011 at 02:41 PM.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:04 PM

Go on the MKM customs website and in the search box type in coolant filtet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.