Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Looney Wild

9K views 36 replies 14 participants last post by  01redcrew 
#1 ·
Alright guys well i bit the bullet opened up my wallet and worked on the truck. Got it studded with arp, black onyx gaskets, sinister egr delete, powermax turbo, and sct with tunes from vivian, all done my a friend of my parents thats a tech at a near by dealer.. I have been running looney and am debating on running wild looney. Anyone out there running it? If so how would you compare it to looney and what do you use as your dd?

#2 ·
Is that tune from Vivian too? Must be the tune for studded trucks?

#3 ·
Yes and Yes.

The looney wild has a little more pep than the looney. The main thing is, the Wild locks the converter sooner than the Looney.

As of right now I'm using it as my daily driver, I even used it while having a full bed of unseasoned red oak with out any issue.

#4 ·
It's a touch more powerful than the looney. Runs a lot hotter on my truck than the original looney file I used to run. First time I ever saw 1600* was with the wild. I haven't ran it in a few years though.

#7 ·
I see you had the Garrett Powermax installed I'm thinking about getting one also. How's the sound, is it noticeable?

#8 ·
:popcorn2::icon_ford:

#9 ·
how does it run with the loony wild and the power max?

#12 ·
well the powermax def has nice whistle for sure. But honestly i expected it to whistle louder at an idle but am sort glad it doesnt cause it can be obnoxious at times. As for the looney and powermax together it def runs strong. I want to load the looney wid but im sorta skeptical about. Iv had enough money put in this thing so running even more juice to it is something i dont really need. I did all that work to it so im hoping the truck will last now

#13 ·
also i had an edge juice and its no comparison to the power of vivians tunes. her tunes are strong and iv never had beter cold starts. My truck used to sit there and carry on and sound like a bolt was dropped down the intake but now its almost instantly smooth sounding, no jattering and carrying on sounding like its about to throw a rod through the block

#14 ·
My truck used to sit there and carry on and sound like a bolt was dropped down the intake but now
I agree.. I thought is was just my imagination it was starting smoother. Mine sits there and idles very smooth. I'm running the looney right now.

#16 ·
how cold is it by you? my starts are nice and its like 16 deegrees here. I would like to get the fcim from swamps because i hear thats a real improvment for better cold starts.

#19 ·
Well I don't now if you would if your would call it that or not. But when I start the truck it turns over good but once it fires it hits hard and jumps to like 11-1200 and than goes to idle. It just sounds weird if you know what I mean. My truck doesn't do it on any other tune or stock

#20 ·
Dude, mine does the same exact thing. Does it do it on any other high power tune (I.E. Xtreme Street, SRL++, etc.)? My Looney Wild does the same thing. I've been told it's the nature of the beast with the high power tunes.

Any chance you got a video of it?

#23 ·
See I have the same issue. ever since I got new tunes for the ARP's and EGR delete it has done it. Thought it was the FICM, so I replaced it. No change.

#26 ·
I've talked to Vivian countless times, numerous tune revisions, and no fix. :dunno:

She is great to deal with though!

#29 ·
Mine doesn't do that, but I told her I have studs as well.... Not sure if I got more than just the standard looney... sending her an email to ask. My trucks starts good on street and looney, when "chilled" to 30 degrees, at least better than stock for sure. When I mean start, I should say idle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.