Innovative tunes - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2011, 10:27 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Innovative tunes

I just got mine I guess 3rd party style. I ordered my SCT X3 through FCDP (adam) and I suppose he ordered them through innovative, not sure how it works.

Anyways I got the xtreme tunes and I've only driven off the xtreme street for now as I DD around the town but man I sure noticed some harsh transmission shifting. Is this right? I'm a mechanic and maybe it's just I'm noticing something new but who else has noticed this? Any ill effects coming?

On another note, I gained 3mpg so far but I've been babying the hell out of her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2011, 11:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I experienced some issues with IDP's tunes also. Not knocking their ablility, but my truck responded MUCH better to Matt's SRL tune.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:54 AM
back in the saddle

Call Eric. He can adjust any file you got from him to your liking. As far as Eric's vs. Matt's tunes... Both are great, but certain trucks or drivers prefer different tunes. Different trucks will react differently to the same tune.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:41 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Reload the tune and change the options. Reduce the trans shift pressure by 15% and see if that doesn't calm the shifts down some. Eric's shifts are too harsh for my taste too.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:32 PM
Banned

I am really starting to like you more and more Greeney. Thanks for the tip.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:54 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
The 5R110 really likes firm shifting, and I believe Eric's tunes have it just perfect. Some people have bumped the pressure down to give it a smoother shift, but after I rode in a Cummins with a slipping automatic, I like my shifts as firm as they come.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:58 PM
Mod Newbie

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I bump my shift pressure up 10%
Old 01-23-2011, 12:16 AM

i would try it in 5% increments and test it out IMO 15% is a pretty big jump. but then again maybe from there if that's to soft you will try a lower number. also maybe try your other tunes to get a feel for what being tuned and how the power tuning affects the truck is all about.
Extreme Street is and Extreme tune. i read that people dd it and others run a street tune.
Eric will probably explain with you that with in reason the shifting is ment to be like that as a way to safely put the power through the transmission. fast/crisp shifts = good for tranny
Old 01-23-2011, 01:08 AM
Banned

Well I love some good info. I appreciate all the input. I actually tried out my other tunes tonight which is "tow" and "Xtreme Race"

I DD'd on Xtreme Street for a day or so and I figured the tow tune was going to be ho-hum.

Wow! I was surprised at how fast even it was! Then I went to Race and didn't notice too much of a difference between it and Street. Oh well, all that flogging and I'm still getting 15mpg in the city. Hellz Yea!
Old 01-23-2011, 07:19 AM
Serving Our Country!

Man there is a huge difference in Eric's Xtreme street and race tune. You might not notice to much noticeable power, but the way the tranny shifts you for sure will. The race locks the torque converter from 2nd on and it'll take you a bit to get use to driven it that way. For me I don't like it as a daily driver, so I stick to either the xtreme street or Matt's SRL, but that's just me...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.