Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Swamps 58v FICM with PHP Tune

7K views 32 replies 15 participants last post by  Flooringit 
#1 ·
Just bough the 58v FICM from Swamps. Excited as hell. Curious to see how it will work in conjunction with the SCT and the SRL from Matt. Hopefully I get more noticeable gains. Anyone else running it with there SCT? What do you have to say for it?

#2 ·
Nothing??????

Also I wanted to try and find out from you guys if there was anything special I needed to do in order to swap the FICM. It looks pretty straight forward but wasn't sure if any programming with the SCT needed done after the install.

#3 ·
FICM swap out is straight forward, unbolt degas bottle and move to the side, carefully unclip FICM harness and remove connectors, unbolt ficm and remove. Reinstall and your good to go.

#4 ·
Excellent. Thank you.

#5 ·
Matts SRL and the Swamps 58V work awesome together, fast starts runs very smooth throttle response is a megaTON better than stock, noticable gain in fuel mileage. Very little smoke on full throttle pulls. I like it!

#7 ·
I don't really care that much but it would be nice to gain some mpg's. I am down to 10.5 with winter blend crap and warm up idle times being longer. Oh well hp is way funner than mpg's.

#9 ·
I have one with a PHP tune on it with heavy inductive heating. It provides great cold starts when I do not have access to a plug in for the block heater, had a few -25C starts nice and smooth (running 0w-30 oil). Throttle response was much better than stock from what I can remember, I gained 1mpg from it. The power gain was much more noticeable running stock ecm but still some gain when tuned with IDP street and x-street.

If I had the choice to do it again, I most definitely would have!

#10 ·
I got the PHP tune on mine as well. Do you know if they all come with inductive heating?

Just got it yesterday. Going to install it today. Im excited.

#11 ·
Ignore the stupid question about inductive heating.

Got it installed yesterday. Fired up just like normal but it was in a 50 degreee shop. Did a little bit of driving around. Seems like it has a little better throttle response however I a not sure if I am just looking to hard for improvements. Overall I didn't notice anything different. But mine was 6 months old and working great. I need to spend some more time with it though. Today it will get its first cold start. I will also have some more time to run around in it and see how she does.

I read I would get around 30 more hp and increased throttle response as well as better cold starts and smoother running. Is that accurate? Any other gains?

#13 ·
After a couple of days of use here is my thoughts - in case anyone is interested.

If you have a tuned truck and a functioning FICM don't waste your money. Wait until the current FICM goes out and replace it with a Swamps. My truck fires up cold exactly like it did with the stock FICM. It seems to run a exactly as it did on the stock FICM. I did gain some throttle response however not enough to justify $600.00 IMO. I do believe this is a better built FICM and will last me the life of the truck which the stock one won't. (already on my second one) I do believe Swamps puts out a good product. I just think I was hoping for more than I got. Maybe I will gain some MPG's now that I am down to 10. Take it for what it is worth.

#15 ·
I love mine!

#18 ·
my ficm crapped out on me today 25volts. So i oredered the swamps 58v and php program, im hoping itll run good but im skepticle. ive read how great things are before then was disappointed maybe im to picky lol I have the srl tune as well. im hoping for more power from the 58v

#19 ·
I think I was to critical and had my expectations too high. It is a good product that does enhance the truck. Just not as much as I thought. It runs great and has a little more pep in its step. It also seems like the engine is louder. Like I can hear the mechanical function of the engine louder. Duno. Anyway, you will be happy. Its definitely better than a new stocker.

#21 ·
I have just installed the ficm with the php tune(58V) and I don't know if my old one was bad or not, thought it was going out but think it was more some wore out batteries I replaced but, the truck starts a lot better no more white smoke on cold starts. Better throttle response and all. Not so much seat of your pants improvement like I think everyone is thinking when they order just more responsive and a longevity item IMO. I am pleased with it and am running the free spartan hybrid race tune and noticed just from the dummy reader on truck a little better mpg then before the the IDP street. But I can't comfirm till I stop playing with the new tune and actually just drive the truck a few tanks. I like the product a lot but if your looking for all out performance and your ficm is good, then wait till it starts going out or if you have the 600 bucks then go ahead either way you will like it just think of better throttle response then seat of your pants power I guess. Just my 2 cents anyways

#22 ·
I really dont know how anyone can expect a back in the seat experience from there ficm. It only creates 35 to 40 hp. But im sure thats at the motor not rear wheel whats it gonna be by the time it gets to the rear wheel 15? How are you gonna feel 15hp on a 8k truck with big @$# tires on it?
Im just hoping for a better throttle response when I hit the go pedal. Right no from dead stop i bog some. And of course I want some mpg out of it 15 mpg sucks. I never had cold start issues. Thought it started fine.
And of course I want it to be more reliable I tow a rv. Dont want to be stranded with that load

#23 ·
does swamps FICM help cold starts a little or a big noticeable difference??.. I was in the clear of white smoke until it got in the teens n below at night.. my truck will spit out a white puff in the upper 30s n in teens it'll do the puff n be clear fo a couple seconds then a steady white smoke for a min.. it's very light

#24 ·
that sounds like injectors to me. I could be wrong, but ya mine wouild puff out white smoke when I started it a few times and I have 1 almost 2 shot injectors. The FICM is supposed to run 48 volts, mine runs 44.5. Anything under 45 is shot.

#26 ·
Well when mine started goin downhill, I started using Opti-lube (bout 1000 miles ago). There was a chart on here and it said Opti Lube was the best. It seemed to help a little, but, when theyre gone theyre gone. I am in the process of purchasing new injectors right now and will continue to run the additive because it can extend the injectors life significantly. I will also being replacing my FICM, after the injectors, but I dont think its that.

My theory is, if it white smokes only when cold, itd be injectors because the FICM is all electrical, so it doesnt warm up, its just on or off. Just my opinion but I might be wrong. But ya it sounds like injectors. How many miles on ur truck?

#27 ·
just hit 133k this week.. I have videos of my cold starts but don't know how to post them

#29 ·
rotella 15 40.. weather changes all the time here.. it's 18 deg now but nxt week will be in the 60s.. does it mater if the temps are higher runing 5 30 or do you run that all year around?? where would I get rev X?? I think I read some pl to put 8qts or 4qts in??

#30 ·
you can get it from IDP, they sell it and ship quick, usually recommended that you run 2 bottles for your first treatment and then 1 bottle after that

#33 ·
i put mine in today. It does run better throttle is better, seems to be quieter. I got the php program as well. I also have matts srl tune but dont run it cause I lost 2 mpg and if roads were wet it would break loose easy. I seen a dyno chart once were he had his srl tune and php ficm tuned. Anyine know where that is? I was wanting to look at it again.
As far as ficm so far so good worth the money. Have to see how long it last

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.