heads r coming off - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2011, 07:30 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
heads r coming off

sooo looks like heads r coming off, already deleted so was looking for some input on additional mods to be made. Of course studs and black onyx gaskets, already got an sct just waiting for my mods to be finalized before getting my custom tunes.
I was thinking powermax, and tq converter, also tossed around injectors probly elite 8 hole 155's, i wanna stay quite streetable, and tow too. What r the specs on the powermax everyone is running? there is two on the elite website and the bigger one is cheaper?
probly better to run the smaller one for my application though? any recommendations for a converter? should i even bother? or go for the injectors instead? Also plan on the 6.4 banjos and regulator upgrade kit from ford. thinking of water meth too. or is that going to be too much to keep it reliable. I know thats a lot of questions just looking for ur two bits.

thnx borsky
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2011, 08:14 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

What year is your truck?
Old 01-21-2011, 09:45 AM
Premium Member

the truck is a 2006 crewcab f-350 with 70k miles
Old 01-22-2011, 09:29 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Give the Elite 155's a try and you won't be disappointed. You could shim the fuel pressure spring if you had a fuel pressure gauge. You want the Powermax 2004-2007 (PN 772441-5001s), it's a GT3788VA turbo. Nice unit also, would match great with 155's (towing)-195's(street). Here is the comp map of the powermax vs stock.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:09 AM
Premium Member

thnx man any recommendations for a tq converter
Old 01-22-2011, 11:44 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by borsky4 View Post
sooo looks like heads r coming off, already deleted so was looking for some input on additional mods to be made. Of course studs and black onyx gaskets, already got an sct just waiting for my mods to be finalized before getting my custom tunes.
I was thinking powermax, and tq converter, also tossed around injectors probly elite 8 hole 155's, i wanna stay quite streetable, and tow too. What r the specs on the powermax everyone is running? there is two on the elite website and the bigger one is cheaper?
probly better to run the smaller one for my application though? any recommendations for a converter? should i even bother? or go for the injectors instead? Also plan on the 6.4 banjos and regulator upgrade kit from ford. thinking of water meth too. or is that going to be too much to keep it reliable. I know thats a lot of questions just looking for ur two bits.

thnx borsky
Here's my list for you:

-ARP Studs
-Black Onyx Gaskets
-Machined Heads for Flatness
-AFE Stage II Intake w/ Pro Guard 7 filter
-PowerMax
-4" MBRP TB Exhaust w/ Cat Delete (if you don't already have one)
-Innovative 8-Hole 155's ($2990, cheaper than Elite's, and Innovative builds from newly remanufactured Ford injectors, not somebody else's used cores. Not to mention Elite's crappy customer service can't even compare to innovative's great service.)
-AirDog 2
-Updated FPR Kit
-6.4 Banjos
-Moderate Tuned FICM from Innovative and Innovative Custom Tunes

I would skip the water meth and the torque converter. Your transmission should hold fine, as long as you change/flush the fluid every 30k. Only upgrade it if you just want too.

And BTW, you have good taste. This is my future mod list.

Last edited by SickStroke6.0; 01-22-2011 at 12:56 PM.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:48 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Eric resells Industrial Injection fuel injectors if memory serves. I think I'd just stick with Ryan Casserly.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:54 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGreenSVT View Post
Eric resells Industrial Injection fuel injectors if memory serves. I think I'd just stick with Ryan Casserly.
Nope, he builds his own now.

And Casserly does not build 155's yet. Last I heard he was still working on them.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:55 PM
one day at a time

Unless Eric started something new, he has never built his own injectors before. He has dealt industrials and casserly's before. The ones on his site might even be hypermax since I know that's what they run in their "proven 1000 rwhp" trucks.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:00 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shu873 View Post
Unless Eric started something new, he has never built his own injectors before. He has dealt industrials and casserly's before. The ones on his site might even be hypermax since I know that's what they run in their "proven 1000 rwhp" trucks.
I emailed Eric a few weeks ago to verify, and this was his response:

Quote:
Yes, we have been building them for a long time, just keep them at a low volume. We are a little more expensive, but use Ford remans and brand new nozzles. We have a local OEM injector builder flow test each injector before it's shipped.

The price is $2950 plus your cores.

Thanks

Eric
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.