Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Best tune? What should I get

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Dave 
#1 ·
So I have custom tunes from MKM but it's only 105hp and I get about 13mpg. Where the economy tune I get about 18-20. I want power!!!!! And some milage. I mostly baby my truck but you have to mess with some people. I have herd that a hotter tune will get better milage if you keep your foot out of it. So that's what I'm looking for... Any suggestions?. Something looney tune ish. If you know what I mean

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

#6 ·
Did you buy that SCT from MKM with the 3 free custom tunes

#9 ·
yep it was $341. seemed pretty cheap to me

#7 ·
Try Matt at Gearhead. Ive had tunes from just about everyone. No one elses compare to Matts

#10 ·
I've read some awesome things about Innovative's X-Street. im gonna look into it. anyone know how much this tune is from them?:doh:. does it smoke a lot,whats the hp. ect i dont know anything about the tune other then just about everyone runs it:icon_ford:

#12 ·
I run ID's and Vivians tunes, all of them are great tunes. If your looking for all out power, try any that are race tunes.

Race tunes---- ID's extream race, Vivians Looney Wild, Matt's SRL++, ect, ect. Like already suggested, get gauges. EGT's climb fast, and fuel psi can drop quick.

#14 ·
Extreme tunes are 80 bucks normally. Sometimes he gives forum members a discount at 60 bucks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.